Guitar shops in NYC

IronApe

Dec 14, 2005
Pavia - Italy
Hey all, since I might be going to New York in a couple of months and since prices in the USA are waaaaaay lower than here in Europe, I wanted to ask where I can find a good shop with good prices in NYC. I'm looking especially for ESP's (EC1000) and Schecters (C7 Hellraiser, of course!), but a nice selection would be appreciated.
Ideas?

Try guitar asylum... i keep hearing that this is one of the friendliest and most helpfull guitar shops there is.

It's well worth it, look at their site:

http://www.guitarasylum.com/

They have two shops over there, i almost ordered a schecter from there, but i found one somewhere else instead...

Used to live in NYC and still go back every year. Retail stores don't tend to be particularly cheap in Manhattan as they know they can get the tourist $$$ out of folks (the Irish alone spend billions in NYC every year) but you can get much better deals if you either head out to stores in New Jersey or possibly Brooklyn.

I was looking at some of the websites (guitarcenter doesn't carry esp, by the way) and noticed that a C7 and an EC1000 would cost me a total of about 1100 euros... the C7 alone retails for 1400 here in Italy... I'm speechless.