Guitar signal chain suggestions

tonytt98

New Metal Member
Aug 3, 2011
Noobie here...

Looking for a good heavy rock guitar signal chain with the equipment that I have. After surfing the net, this is what I'm thinking:

Ibanez guitar ->
Countryman Type 85 DI box ->
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 ->
Reaper DAW 24bit/44.1 ->
FloorFish ->
Solo C ->
Nick Crow 8505 ->
KeFIR Impulse Loader ->
VoxengoBoogex ->
FloorFish

Also interested in the BBE 082 Sonic Maximizer and I have a ART DPS II Digital Tube Preamp that I'm not sure were to put in the chain. The DPS II has digital S/PDIF in.out also.

Any suggestions would be awesome and would keep you all posted on progress.

Thanks,
Tony

Why three amp sims in one chain? (solo c, 8505, boogex) Floorfish will affect your tone unfavorably, and I think you'll find that you won't need it, especially two instances.

I'd recommend using Lecab 2 and blending multiple impulses over just one with KeFir. You'll also want a booster, like a physical Tubescreamer, an EQ boost like a high shelf around 2khz, or a sim like TSS or TSE 808. And afterwards you'll need some EQing, I like the free version of Electri-Q, or just use Reaper's.

You might also want to enhance or tape saturate.

Hey Audiosprite,

I like that Lecab2. Which is better, TSE 808 Overdrive or BTE TS Secret OverDrive? EQ at the end of the chain when mixing right? What about the DPS II, Would it help? I was thinking maybe putting it in between the 8505 and Lecab2.

Updated Chain:

Ibanez guitar ->
Countryman Type 85 DI box ->
M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 ->
Reaper DAW 24bit/44.1 ->
TSE 808 Overdrive or BTE TS Secret OverDrive ->
Nick Crow 8505 ->
Lecab2 Impulse Loader ->
Electri-Q

Thanks,
Tony

You might try looking into LePou's various amp sims instead of the Nick Crow stuff. Lecto, LE456, Lextac, Legion...all some of the best sims out there.

Hey Masterbeast,

I listened to a few amp sims on youtube and there is a shootout video that I liked the 8505 and 7170 the best. Of course none of them were really tweaked. I may fine I could tweak one of the ones you mentioned to get a better sound then the 8505 or 7170. I won't limit myself to just the 8505 or 7170 but I'll start out with them. The video is at:

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
TSE 808> Lecto> LeCab> Various cab IRs

The above should get a decent hard rock tone without too much effort.