Guitar Strap Recommendations?

53Crëw

Jan 31, 2007
Hey Guys,
A couple of my guitar straps are getting worn out and I need some new ones. I looked at the local music stores and most the stuff they carry seems pretty crappy. (Cheap nylon or lame looking graphics.)

Can anyone recommend a good leather strap that doesn't look cheesy? It seems like a simple, decent leather strap is getting harder to find these days, yet I know they're out there. I'm looking for a (preferably) 2-1/2" wide, black leather strap with maybe some heavy black stitching along the edges, or something.

Anyone have anything they recommend?

Thanks.
-Steve

go on to ebay - theres a dude in the uk who makes leather ones with custom engravings. there solid as fuck, throw a strap lock onto it and it will more then likely see you the next 20-30 years

I love my Planet Waves Joe Satriani strap.
Super comfy, as well as having awesome art work he draws for them :lol:

Levi's are pretty nice straps...I have two but this one is my fav, comfortable and cool as hell looking.

106_0658.jpg

I <3 Dimarzio Cliplocks. Some seem to think they're gay for some reason, personally I don't like any other straplock designs and the straps feel great too! I've currently got the leopard Yngwie one I got some time ago (I use it with basses; I don't have a bass now so I don't use it) and a "camo" one in which the camo pattern is actually birds. It grips very well and is nice. I also have some other stuff with Schaller straplocks that I don't usually use, but currently I have to since both of my customs still have Schallers (I'm lazy). I hate how noisy the Schallers are BTW, I do not like to hear their clunking and clicking through the amp at all.

But anyway, Cliplocks FTW, there's a leather one too, which I haven't bought yet, but as soon as I find one in a shop, I will.

i have a few different levis leather straps and all are really great,
but my favourite is one called "A", its leather strap too, but very smooth and flexible, cosy padded, very comfortable for playing hours over hours, when i´m at home i look if i can find more info about this strap, a quick google search didnt gave me any informations