guitar strings

I use D'Addario Blues .011 - .049's.

.09 - .046s are good for standard tuning or for tuning down to D if you like a little "flop" on the strings.
.09 - .049s are good for anything from E to C.
.052s and up are good for tuning to B.

D'Addarios or Everlys should get the job done nicely.

I use Elixir Medium (.011-.049) in standard E-tuning. sound great, last long. you can play on them for months without changing the sound much (at least I can)

After countless brands, I don't bother stringing my basses with anything but Elixirs. My acoustic has had the same set of Elixirs for about 3 years now as well, they still sound great.

elixers YUCK :puke: :puke:

the reason they never change sound is cause they sound old and worn out right from the start.

for bass i use SIT strings, seriously the best strings out there

and for guitar i used dean markley blue steel 11's or 12's, depending on teh guitar.

Sex Machine said:
the reason they never change sound is cause they sound old and worn out right from the start.
They sound broken in from the start, and stay that way. That's ideal for me, but if you're looking for that bright super-new string sound then Elixirs are NOT the way to go.

Elixers = not so great

I use D'addario .10s usually because in a black metal band i find it that I tune down very rarely, but for the occasion when theres lots of downtuning, D'addario .11s are the way to go definetly.

I use D'Addario EXL115 (.011-.049). The .011s are nice and stable for rythm playing but if you want to do a lot of bends and what not (if you are playing in standard E or Eb) for soloing it'll probably take some time to work up the finger strength to do it properly if you've been using 9's or 10's. They sound nice brand new and keep a pretty good tone after a couple weeks.

As far as electric strings, I haven't seen a big difference from most brands. I tune to Eb and use .009 usually D'Addario, but if my local store is out of them, I'll buy whatever...

Acoustic strings seem to be a little more diverse. The reason I use D'addario on my electric is actually because I found I really lked their acoustic strings (phosphor bronze) so it was just a no brainer to grab the XL 9's as well.

Bryant