Guitar World Fails miserably

What they probably mean is the passing of the torch.

Black Sabbath passed it to Judas Priest, they passed it to Iron Maiden, it got stolen by Glam Metal, the Big Four of Thrash reclaimed it, they passed it onto Pantera, then when they broke up the torch got lost somewhere. Then metalcore stole it. Now that Thrash is reclaiming it again there's metalcore trying to keep it by "going thrash."

I have absolutley no clue where I'm going with this, at all.

Nope, still no clue.

In my opinion Trivium has already started putting out shit albums. They should just stick to metalcore and not magically switch to thrash, something they claim to have pulled off and really haven't.
Matt hefey, or however one spells the bastard's name, blew out his voice growling so now all he can do is sing like james hetfield. as such they cant do metalcore anymore. and i laugh at their missery.

What they probably mean is the passing of the torch.

Black Sabbath passed it to Judas Priest, they passed it to Iron Maiden, it got stolen by Glam Metal, the Big Four of Thrash reclaimed it, they passed it onto Pantera, then when they broke up the torch got lost somewhere. Then metalcore stole it. Now that Thrash is reclaiming it again there's metalcore trying to keep it by "going thrash."

I have absolutley no clue where I'm going with this, at all.

Nope, still no clue.
sound's logical to me.

i like to try and educate myself in these things before i comment.... so i listened to the crusade in it's entirety, then listened to shogun when they streamed the full thing on their myspace, seriously, i sat there and listened all way through them....

and the result is i have nothing positive to say about them apart from 2 things..... heafy and bellliuiroueoiibbhbbbfffffuuuuuu can both play damn well. And the beginning riff for detonation is most excellent, but other than that theres nothing in there, the drummer does nothing of interest AT ALL and it's just....... there. trivium are just........ there. that's all i can say about them.

i like to try and educate myself in these things before i comment.... so i listened to the crusade in it's entirety, then listened to shogun when they streamed the full thing on their myspace, seriously, i sat there and listened all way through them....

and the result is i have nothing positive to say about them apart from 2 things..... heafy and bellliuiroueoiibbhbbbfffffuuuuuu can both play damn well. And the beginning riff for detonation is most excellent, but other than that theres nothing in there, the drummer does nothing of interest AT ALL and it's just....... there. trivium are just........ there. that's all i can say about them.

Haha you think their albums are bad enough Matt?
I'm had the unfortunate thing of seeing them live, please note I didn't go to see them, they were supporting Iron Maiden at Hallam FM arena in Sheffield 2 years ago.
Oh god how bored was the crowd. Corey is shit-hot and I have the same view as Dave, Corey should form his own thrash band away from Trivium.
I've heard every Trivium album and the only semi-decent one is Ascendancy which is further proving to be a complete fluke.
Note: I don't like this album, they're are some insane guitar riffs in there.
They've done a Metallica.... but quicker... oh dear...

I really liked the song they did in roadrunner united, wih king diamond singing, maybe corey beaulieu and king diamond should do a project together, that could work. :)

I'll tell you a funny story - a friend of mine went to see them a few years ago, and he was on their tour bus and got kicked off.

Why? Because he was turning on Matt Queefys groupies and he got jealous. Megafail for Trivitallica.