Guitarists!: Megadeth - Mechanix help

DarkNoise

Grotesque Butchery Rabbit
I know this is more for other boards here on UM, but I also know a lot of you actually know something about music (will, we all know you try...).

I can't figure out that intro riff in Megadeth's Mechanix / Metallica's Four Horsemen. I got almost all the rest of the song (minus solos) figured out, but that one part eludes me. I tried reading a couple tabs, but they were way off, they were missing at least three notes.

Can someone tab me up a proper tab just for that? It's the part with the hammer on and pull offs real fast on the fifth and seventh fret of the A string.

BTW, I'll try and post more often if my wife lets me.... (yes, i am a bitchboy now... :D)

I'm having to type with my arms around her right now, cause i'm not allowed full control of the computer.... please, someone help.... some women can be controlling, take my wife..... PLEASE!

(just got slapped)

:Smug:

bitchboy!

(we still love you)

as for the pulloffs, I think it goes
Code:
D---------------------------------------------------
A-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5--5-------------------------
E-0---0---0---0---0---0---0---7--------------------

Code:
D------------------------------7p0--------------------
A-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5---------------------------
E-0---0---0---0---0---0---0-----------------------

Code:
D--------------------------------5---7-5---------
A-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5-7p5--5-3-5-5-3-----------------
E-0---0---0---0---0---0---0---7----3-------------

I think that's the way it goes. play it fast and nobody will know the difference :loco:

Larf03 said:
I thought every notes were picked in that riff...

Plus, I just watched Seatle and James does pick them all... downstrokes of course cuz that's the METAL way to do it :)

You guys suck, I have to sit and figure out everything by myself, because even though Ive been shown many times I still dont understand tabs what so ever. I glad i can figure things out though or Id be in trouble.

um

E-
B-
G-
D-
A-
E-

are the strings. the numbers are the frets on the strings. so

-----------6-------
---------5--------
-------4----------
-----3------------
---2------------
-1------------

will be the first fret on the low E string (note = F), 2nd fret on A string (which is a B), 3rd fret on D string (E#/Fb), etc etc etc. only bad thing about generic tabs like that, is it doesn't tell you the note durations (8th note, 16th, 32nd). some tabs do, some tabs dont. in that case, it just relies on your ability to listen to the song and play along with it and figure out where the notes on the tab go with the song you're hearing. hope that helps

I just checked the offical tablature book. It actually goes like this: (ie. no pulloffs OR hammerons) larf was right.

Code:
D---------------------------------------------------
A-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5--5-------------------------
E-0---0---0---0---0---0---0---7--------------------

Code:
D------------------------------7-5--------------------
A-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5---------------------------
E-0---0---0---0---0---0---0-----------------------

Code:
D--------------------------------5---7-5---------
A-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5-7-5--5-3-5-5-3-----------------
E-0---0---0---0---0---0---0---7----3-------------

dead6skin6mask6 said:
only bad thing about generic tabs like that, is it doesn't tell you the note durations (8th note, 16th, 32nd). some tabs do, some tabs dont. in that case, it just relies on your ability to listen to the song and play along with it and figure out where the notes on the tab go with the song you're hearing. hope that helps

You think that's annoying try reading drum tabs. Apparently every drummer who writes down tabs is too fucking stupid to figure out the rhythm.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
um

E-
B-
G-
D-
A-
E-

are the strings. the numbers are the frets on the strings. so

-----------6-------
---------5--------
-------4----------
-----3------------
---2------------
-1------------

will be the first fret on the low E string (note = F), 2nd fret on A string (which is a B), 3rd fret on D string (E#/Fb), etc etc etc. only bad thing about generic tabs like that, is it doesn't tell you the note durations (8th note, 16th, 32nd). some tabs do, some tabs dont. in that case, it just relies on your ability to listen to the song and play along with it and figure out where the notes on the tab go with the song you're hearing. hope that helps

That was actually pretty helpful thanks.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
technically, Mechanix is the original version of Four Horsemen, pre-Hammett era Metallica

go download the No Life Till Leather album... thats the original. (i know you probably already have it will)