Guitars, Amps, etc... Gear Page?

:Smokedev: I personally recieved an email response from Mr. Ian himself back in mid July about this very subject. I asked if there was gonna be an "overview" of all his stuff or just recent setups and he replied that it'd be just his current stuff. As you can tell form the site though, the gear section hasn't happened yet. Wish there was thouh, I'm a gearhead and would find it extremely informative!:Smokin:

:headbang: I do know for a fact that he uses a Randall Cyclone head and cabs (read the endorsement stuff on the Randall site), but for his S.O.D stuff, he stuck to his Marshall collection both heads and cabs (there's an interview on him on Marhsall's site too). For his axe arsenal, he has a deal with Jackson guitars and several of his "signature" models are available in guitar stores.

Hope this helps!

:Smokin:

thx man, i hear he switched to a Ubershall?
not sure who makes these

currently i own a Mesa Dual Rectifier, a TC Electronic Booster, a Jackson RR1 Rhodes Pro, and a Jackson JJ1

note: i am not trying to be ian, but i cant get his sound out of my head

Originally posted by redeyes
thx man, i hear he switched to a Ubershall?
not sure who makes these

currently i own a Mesa Dual Rectifier, a TC Electronic Booster, a Jackson RR1 Rhodes Pro, and a Jackson JJ1

note: i am not trying to be ian, but i cant get his sound out of my head

Get off the board, asshole.

now back on topic... I know Ian used a Marshall JCM800 + TC Electronic Booster for most of the 80's material. I dont know what hes currently pimpig though.

Makes sense. My apologies to you as well. I'm a gearhead and gladly help out anyone else who like to play their tunes. Been a "fan" since '86.

I kinda lost interest in 'Thrax when metal died off a little. When I found an old tape of Among, it rekindeled my interest so lately I've been "catchng up" on their history; band AND gear! I know about the Randall deal because of a pic of him endorsing his "new" rig sporting a Cyclone head. That and reading all the Dimebag comparison slams!

guesswhat.jpg

Thanks for the Bogner link, I'll haver to check that out! Guess it shows I've been outta the loop a while huh.

My setup is a Kramer 600 ST with a Floyd going into a DOD 7 band EQ, that into a BOSS Flanger, that into a BOSS Noise Supressor and those go in front (I don't use the FX loop) into a Peavey Classic Chorus 212. I use the amp's distortion channel with my EQ's volume boosted all the way and get a satisfactory "metal crunch" sound. You can tell it's not a "tube" amp, but it's not as birttle sounding as a "solid state" although it is.