"Guitars for girls..."

The only thing I can see not liking is the blatant sexism that pervades everything Daisy Rock does. To me, making instruments that for most intents and purposes scream "girls only" seems like it would make the division between "guitar players" and "GIRL guitar players" more evident. But, for younger girls, I can see the attraction. And, if that makes more girls pick up the instrument, than more power to them.

On the flip side, some of Daisy Rock's more normal looking guitars, namely a few of their single cutaways, are good looking guitars that I could see dudes playing if not for the name and in some cases the finish.

The only thing I can see not liking is the blatant sexism that pervades everything Daisy Rock does. To me, making instruments that for most intents and purposes scream "girls only" seems like it would make the division between "guitar players" and "GIRL guitar players" more evident. But, for younger girls, I can see the attraction. And, if that makes more girls pick up the instrument, than more power to them.

On the flip side, some of Daisy Rock's more normal looking guitars, namely a few of their single cutaways, are good looking guitars that I could see dudes playing if not for the name and in some cases the finish.

I agree with the first points, sorta.

As for the second point, I think they are smaller. I doubt they are shorter scale than Gibsons, but I thought the bodies were smaller/lighter and necks narrower to accomodate smaller hands. Not that guys all have big hands. So they coulda been marketed as smaller guitars for smaller people :erk:

I'm just rambling. OK. :lol:

out of the nine girl students I've had under the age of ten I've yet to see one with one of those things:lol: Usually they've got their dad's Ibanez acoustic or something similar

I really like some of Daisy Rock's designs. They have some interesting new looks and such that others don't - like that tele/sg hybrid.

Most of them I've seen in stores have that cheaper/korean guitar feel to them, like Squiers or something, but that's no big deal for me. I specialize in cheapass guitars.

I really want to start a Glam band and play the star guitar:
400799.jpg

Also, they the new Rebel series is basically an LP jr. and that's very attractive. I like the jr's and i really dig p-90's. I think they price around $300 so that's cool.

In addition- these just look fucking badass:
sd_retroh_d.jpg

They are an absolute disgrace too humanity...although I did want one to play at one of my bands gigs for a laugh...sadly nobody had one :( *sniff*

Fuck that, that's what the Hello Kitty Strat is for... then again, I'm getting one of the pink ones, so...

Jeff

I love your idea to get one of these, slap some emg's in it and play death metal. :lol: You should totally do this. Just don't do anything else like wear pink, fluffy slippers or something 'cause that would be gay. :lol:

I'm actually thinking either a LiveWire: Metal or a D Activator, but the thought's the same. I hope it handles the thick strings and the beating I usually give them, but there's only one way to find out if it will...

Jeff

I played one at a gig when I was supporting this lot of bloody Italian Goth ponces:

http://www.bloody.it/

home.jpg

They didn't seem to appreciate it :D

It wasn't a bad guitar - Duncan Designed p'ups, and it played nicely enough (though my normal guitar is pretty crap anyway). Personally I think it was better than a Squier, and they definitely stand out amongst the black/blue double cutaways everyone else plays.

My grrlfriend plays a Les Paul though, which is way more manly than my sparkly red ESP F-Series :lol:

Steve