Guitars is messed up

diddykoi6

Stone Cold Metal
ok i just plugged my cable into the jack and it was loose and i was like WTF so i tightened the nut and i had the amp on full distortion and its usually crazy and it was really soft and the lower string were barely audible, what the fuck happened??? would the jack like turning or something loosened the wires? its really shite. :yell: :yell:

if we´re talking about the female jack, you should open up the back and hold that end while turning the nut. if you only turn the nut you might end up twisting the wires. So wires can become loose or badly connected, hope this helps.

uitar cables die sometimes too.

it'll probably be inside the guitar jack, a wire not fully soldered on, or come off, or something regarding wiring nearer the pickup end, is the other pick up picking....up ok?

uitar cables die sometimes too.

it'll probably be inside the guitar jack, a wire not fully soldered on, or come off, or something regarding wiring nearer the pickup end, is the other pick up picking....up ok?

the pickups are fine now yes, and before when it was going dodgy both of them only picked up the low e and a and wen at first i turned the nut what pablokers said muts of happened the wires must have twisted and became loose, so when we moved it all it must have helped, so far so good it seems, next time the nut goes loose ill take the back off before tightening haha:headbang: