GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist SLASH To Perform At L.A. Zoo's 50th-Anniversary 'Beastly Ball'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to Billboard, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash will play the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association's 2017 Beastly Ball on May 20 to benefit the new Species Conservation Action Network. Joining Slash will be special guests Jack Black, Grace Potter and Bernard Fowler, who will be backed by Jimmy Vivino and THE BASIC CABLE BAND. Slash, a known animal rights activist who also collects exotic reptiles, stated about the event: "I'm honored and proud to be a part of the L.A. Zoo's 50th-anniversary Beastly Ball. It's going to be the biggest yet, and I'm really looking forward to jamming live with some good friends." The show will be broadcast in virtual reality on Google Daydream or Samsung Gear VR headset, and will include behind-the-scenes footage and an interview with the Slash. Fans must download the NextVR app from the Oculus store for GearVR or the Google Play store for Daydream. Jennifer Breithaupt, Citi's managing director of media, advertising and global entertainment, released the following statement: "With our friends at Live Nation and Next VR, we continue to push the boundaries in the music space to bring fans unprecedented access beyond attendance. With virtual reality, we can bring fans in for an unparalleled experience with their favorite artists and we couldn't be more excited to kick off our concert series with Slash and friends." Slash is a fierce advocate for animals and serves as a board member at the Los Angeles Zoo, for which he has also filmed several promo spots. He told The Pulse Of Radio about his longtime involvement with the zoo. "Well, I've been an animal fanatic ever since I can remember, so when I moved to Los Angeles, it was just automatic that I would attach myself to the Los Angeles Zoo," he said. "At some point a few years ago, a friend of mine, she's on the board at the L.A. Zoo, so she introduced me to the higher-ups over there and said, 'This is a perfect candidate for blah blah blah.' And so I've been hooked up with the zoo ever since."
slashbeastlyballposter.jpg

Continue reading...