Guns n Roses kick off Canadian Tour

killingfield

Morphine Child
Jan 13, 2010
San Diego
www.myspace.com
GUNS N' ROSES kicked off its Canadian tour last night (Wednesday, January 13) at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba — the band's first North American date (and fifth show overall) since the release of "Chinese Democracy" in 2008.

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Shackler's Revenge
06. Richard Fortus Spotlight
07. Live and Let Die
08. Sorry
09. If the World
10. Dizzy Reed Solo
11. Street of Dreams
12. Better
13. You Could Be Mine
14. DJ Ashba Spotlight
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
16. I.R.S.
17. Axl Rose Piano Solo
18. November Rain
19. Scraped
20. O Canada / Pink Panther (Bumblefoot Spotlight)
21. Out Ta Get Me
22. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
23. Nightrain

Encore:

24. Madagascar
25. This I Love
26. Frank Ferrer Drum Solo
27. Rocket Queen
28. My Generation (Tommy Stinson Spotlight)
29. Patience
30. Paradise City

I just got my tickets for the show on Saturday the 16th on Calgary. Is anyone here going to that or any other of the shows?

Also, I'm flying from San Diego, and I don't have a hotel :p is there anyplace i can crash for one day? and what is there to do in Calgary? I swear I'm not some old pedophile.

Dude, I doubt anyone around these parts would bother going to a GNR show, but I could be wrong.
Agreed. Whenever people with single digit posts start threads about tours or new CDs, I just assume they're on the street teams, part of the labels PR, etc.

As for the tour... while I was never huge on G&R, it's a shame bands like this and Skid Row are allowed to soil the franchise with these BS tours and records.

ZOd

Oh, I dunno. I'd be interested to see them, but I'd want to stipulate a few mandates first:

1) Slash is the guitarist
2) Axl has to a) Show up, b) Be sober, and c) Sing well the entire time without getting pissed off and leaving.
3) The set list is pared down to:

The group's setlist was as follows:

02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
13. You Could Be Mine
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
18. November Rain
21. Out Ta Get Me
23. Nightrain

Encore:

27. Rocket Queen
29. Patience
30. Paradise City

See - 90 minutes and a good concert!

Steve in Philly

I've been roaming the boards for at least a year now, and just decided to join upon the news of X playing in Hollywood. I thought I saw thread about GnR new album a few months back when CD was released so i thought "what the hell."

anyways, thanks :headbang:

Dude, I doubt anyone around these parts would bother going to a GNR show, but I could be wrong.

~Brian~

You are wrong. I would go, but the expense might keep me from doing so. I know several others on this forum are GNR fans, and a couple more might be enough fans of Bumblefoot to go to see him play.

Plus, the new GNR album was better than 90% of the shit discussed on this forum ;)

As for the tour... while I was never huge on G&R, it's a shame bands like this and Skid Row are allowed to soil the franchise with these BS tours and records.

ZOd

Agreed

Oh, I dunno. I'd be interested to see them, but I'd want to stipulate a few mandates first:

1) Slash is the guitarist
2) Axl has to a) Show up, b) Be sober, and c) Sing well the entire time without getting pissed off and leaving.
3) The set list is pared down to:

Steve in Philly

:lol:...very nice!

You are wrong. I would go, but the expense might keep me from doing so. I know several others on this forum are GNR fans, and a couple more might be enough fans of Bumblefoot to go to see him play.

Plus, the new GNR album was better than 90% of the shit discussed on this forum ;)

Cheiron, I stand corrected. I guess someone would spend good money for an Axl Rose solo show. That being said, saying GNR's new album is better than 90% of the "shit" discussed here is blantantly wrong.

~Brian~

~Brian~

I wouldn't see those dickwads if they played in my back yard... Back in the day I spent about 500 bucks traveling from south Sweden to Helsinki to see GNR. Got to the venue, GNR came on, someone threw a towel / t-shirt on Axl and the bitch walked off never to return. This happened during the first 2 minutes of the first song. I've hated the bastards ever since....

On their "triumphant" return to Sweden last year Axl got arrested for biting a hotel security guard. Yes, biting.... I guess Axl had acted like the dick he is in the hotel bar at 3 am and the guards told him to chill. Then Axl bit the guard in the leg...

Wanker...

Does anyone care about GnR and Axel? Is GnR even relevant? I don't know anyone who seriously is interested. And really I would like to know.
I know the name and Axel is still somewhat alive in the entertainment world, yet for some reason it seems invisible. It is really difficult to explain.

Does anyone care about GnR and Axel? Is GnR even relevant? I don't know anyone who seriously is interested. And really I would like to know.
I know the name and Axel is still somewhat alive in the entertainment world, yet for some reason it seems invisible. It is really difficult to explain.

Only about as interested as I am in any of the other eighties metal bands I still enjoy. If a new disc comes out, I'll check it out. If they tour in the area, and the tickets are cheap and I am free, I may go to see how they sound nowadays.

But there is no way I would pay $50 to see GnR in 2010. I saw them with Metallica in 1992, and (thankfully) it was one of the shows where Axl actually stuck around for the whole show. If I could go back and see that show again, I would in a hearbeat, as all three bands were phenominal.....

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this forum I suppose. I'm a big time GNR fan and while no, it isn't the original lineup it's still a good band. Just different. Plus, everything I've been hearing is that they've been putting on some killer shows, one of which lasted 2 hrs and 40 minutes and killer set lists.

Well let us see. Chinese Democracy went platinum in the U.S. and sold ~5 million copies worldwide. Do you need anything else?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...-to-north-america-with-marathon-winnipeg-gig/

I doubt I'd pay to see this show, although it'd be kinda nifty to see Ron Thal -- after all, he is "one of us."

I was a big fan of G'n'R when they first came out, because they were the 'breakout' band for metal on FM rock radio back in c. 1987-88. I'll never forget when 96Rock here debuted "Paradise City" as their "Smash or Trash" song one evening...this was well before "Welcome to the Jungle" became the first official single from Appetite. The song did well and in that moment, I knew rock-radio was about to change.
And it did; G'n'R basically blazed the trail for Metallica to follow about a year later.
For that alone, G'n'R gets some respect from me...but I don't give much to Axl.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this forum I suppose. I'm a big time GNR fan and while no, it isn't the original lineup it's still a good band. Just different. Plus, everything I've been hearing is that they've been putting on some killer shows, one of which lasted 2 hrs and 40 minutes and killer set lists.

You can add me to that list. I would go in a heartbeat if they came anywhere around me.

The shows so far have been getting rave reviews from both fans and critics. Axl sounds better than he has in years, the band is tight, and they are playing for damn near 3 hours every night. And Axl is going onstage on time.

If you can get past the whole "it's not really GNR" thing, this band is actually most excellent.

But that will never stop the haters.:headbang:

Count me in as one of the ones who'd like to see Ron Thal (aka Bumblefoot)
play with just about anybody. I was bummed I had to work when he was in Milwaukee with Lita Ford.

If any of you haven't heard his own music, do yourself a favor and check it out...There's some MIGHTY fine guitar playing in those records! :headbang:

Strangely enough I have yet to meet one person who bought this. Still it does not surprise me that people bought it there was marketing behind it. But it selling numbers well what does that say after all a guy was able to get a lot of people to buy a rock in the 70s.
I think the GnR thing is like a car wreck for those who like to rubber-neck. That is most people. But what what do rubberneckers do they just get in everyone's way. Talking about Axel and GnR is just that it seems. There are so many bands out there more deserving of focus than Axel and his exploits.
For my money that band only put out one album and it went down hill from there. Not saying there wasn't good moments but 'Appetite' will always be Guns n Roses.
Happens to be one of my top ten albums of all time.
I hated watching a childhood hero turn into such a douche bag. But as Mr. Rotten said, "hereos who needs them".

Strangely enough I have yet to meet one person who bought this. Still it does not surprise me that people bought it there was marketing behind it. But it selling numbers well what does that say after all a guy was able to get a lot of people to buy a rock in the 70s.
I think the GnR thing is like a car wreck for those who like to rubber-neck. That is most people. But what what do rubberneckers do they just get in everyone's way. Talking about Axel and GnR is just that it seems. There are so many bands out there more deserving of focus than Axel and his exploits.
For my money that band only put out one album and it went down hill from there. Not saying there wasn't good moments but 'Appetite' will always be Guns n Roses.
Happens to be one of my top ten albums of all time.
I hated watching a childhood hero turn into such a douche bag. But as Mr. Rotten said, "hereos who needs them".

I'm not quite clear on what you're trying to say here, but I'm assuming you think people are buying the new stuff just because it says Guns 'N' Roses. Not I. Chinese Democracy, call me crazy, was my favorite album in 2008 and one of the best out of this whole decade to be perfectly honest.

Now as far as you only thinking GNR as "Appetite for Destruction", I completely get that. While I like all their stuff, they definitely changed it up significantly from that album to the Use Your Illusion albums. AFD was sleazy, dirty hard rock at its finest without the overproduction and use of piano/keys that would follow. So, I can get you for not liking the rest of their catalog even if I do disagree. Different strokes for different folks as they say.