Guns & Roses tour

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
GUNS N' ROSES To Tour Australia, Korea, Indonesia In September - Aug. 5, 2002

GUNS N' ROSES are due to perform in Australia in September 11-25, Korea on the 27th and Indonesia on the 29th, according to Indonesian promoter Tommy Pratama, who spoke to the local digital publication Detikcom about the group's touring plans for the fall, Allstar has reported.

Pratama told Detikcom that he's had to reschedule the concert three times, from September 7th to September 13th to the current date of September 29th, but he is optimistic the booking is now firm.

GUNS N' ROSES had already announced dates in Hong Kong, Japan, Belgium, and the U.K. from mid- to late-August.

I wonder what the chances of it actually happening are... :D

Thats not funny :cry: ;)

Ive got half a mind to go get it on with her just to prove you wrong :D

Where did you read that dude????

Even though there are no original bands members except Axl who's a fat old arsehole now, I still have to be able to see GnR once in my life! If it is true, I'll be there with bells on!

I hope it is...

axlcompare.jpg

Wow hasn't he kept himself in shape. :rolleyes:

Indonesia - woohoo!!! What day's September 29? I hope it's not a bloody weekday, cos it'll be in Jakarta, and that'll mean taking a day off work. Shit I hope it eventuates!

I just looked at some recent setlists.

They've been played ten songs off Appetite For Destruction! 10!!!! That's half the setlist!!! Basically they've been playing Appetite For Destruction, 4 songs between the Use Your Illusions (November, You Could Be Mine, Live & Let Die, Knockin), Patience and a few new songs.

10 songs off Appetite sounds damn good to me :headbang:

Cool :)

I've gained a bit of weight since 1987 as well, so it doesn't bother me that Axl is a bit tubby... but why can't he wear a shirt??

Winmar, Sept 29 is a Sunday.

Spawn, in the words of Faith No More "It's it! (what is it?)" :lol:

And finally, apart from Axl, who's in Guns N' Roses these days? Are they a band anymore, or is it just him with a bunch of session musos?

W

hmm... I dunno about this. These are the confirmed dates from www.pollstar.com

Wed 08/14/02 Hong Kong, CHI Exhibition Hall
Sat 08/17/02 Tokyo, JPN Chiba Marine Stadium
Sun 08/18/02 Osaka, JPN WTC Open Air Stadium
Fri 08/23/02 Leeds, UK Temple Newsam Park
Sat 08/24/02 Hasselt, BEL Pukkelpop Festival
Mon 08/26/02 London, UK London Arena

Surely if they were gonna do Indonesia, Korea and Australia they'd do it while they were doing Japan and Hong Kong. It wouldn't make sense for them to come all this way, go back to Europe and then come out to the Pacific Rim all again.

Hmmm that does make sense....

Wrathy: He has guys who used to bein NIN, and other bands like that, and Buckethead on lead guitar.

Where are the rockers? :confused:

This is damn interesting. I am not that bigger fan of old GNR, but I would probably go along for the hell of it. 10 songs off of AFD is interesting too. Has anyone heard the new-ish GNR song "Oh My God"?? It is off the soundtrack to the movie 'End Of Days', and is more industrial sounding than traditional GNR. I wonder what they will sound like live...

Apparently the new songs do have an industtrial touch (except there is one big power ballad in the style of November Rain or something)....

But they play the classics true to the originals I think.