GUS G. To Perform With OZZY OSBOURNE ???

"It should be noted, however, that this information has not yet been corroborated by anyone in the Osbourne camp and should be treated as a rumor only."
There was also another article where Zakk said he'd spoken to Ozzy and sorted it out and he wasn't leaving the band.

I'd also like to point out that the last thread on this topic got deleted so stop speculating and wait for actual facts.

Duly noted, take heed of what Katie says, this is not up for discussion, I made that mistake last time. Any comments made though by myself & others who commented were only out of concern for the future of Gus & Firewind. It's nice to talk to like minded people sometimes about things that worry you...........Take Care, Firewind Fans all over the world. See ya......

Whoa! It's that true, congrats Gus! But what happens to Firewind? Could that be the reason why Bob and Mark went on form Outloud?

i've mailed with Bob on myspace Outloud is a side project it isn't to replace Firewind

And Gus in he is Firewind so i dont think he will ever leave.

I'm not further speculating as to whether or not this is true, I just have this to say:

If it is true, this will officially be the biggest waste of talent ever. Gus G is FAR too great of a player and writer to be watered down by Ozzy's stale, boring, and tired uselessness.

I'm not further speculating as to whether or not this is true, I just have this to say:

If it is true, this will officially be the biggest waste of talent ever. Gus G is FAR too great of a player and writer to be watered down by Ozzy's stale, boring, and tired uselessness.

If this is true then I feel sorry for Gus G.

Ozzy's music career is pretty much over.

Are you guys this deep up your own ass to see this would be a huge oppurtunity for both Gus G AND Firewind? Just think about how many people will be looking up Gus G and Firewind.

Do you think BLS became something for any other reason then Zakk being Ozzy's guitarist? Don't think so :rolleyes: Now image what it would do to a band that already is awesome!

Are you guys this deep up your own ass to see this would be a huge oppurtunity for both Gus G AND Firewind? Just think about how many people will be looking up Gus G and Firewind.

Do you think BLS became something for any other reason then Zakk being Ozzy's guitarist? Don't think so :rolleyes: Now image what it would do to a band that already is awesome!

You're right, but hopefully it won't get to Gus G's head like some other bands did with too much publicity... I think Gus will keep it real though.

Yes, it can be a huge oppurtunity for Gus and Firewind, but this could also mean that Firewind might start putting out half assed albums like BLS does, because Gus will start spending a lot of time touring with Ozzy. Nobody is even sure if Gus is the guy Ozzy hired.

No, I am not that up my own ass, I am paying attention to one detail you are not. Sure, this COULD be a massive exposure opportunity for Firewind, but it won't be. Do you have any clue what the standard music consumer who actually still cares about Ozzy is like? It's not the kind of people in the inner circles of metal who are interested in members of band's other bands and projects and actually want to get exposure to new music. Most of Ozzy's fans will either pay no real mind to Gus and where he comes from, or bitch because he isn't Zakk Wylde, and thusly, sucks. I realized it would get Firewind a good bit of exposure, but not NEARLY as much as you would think. And to me, a small boost in popularity is not worth the risk of lesser-quality albums and smaller time devoted to touring with Firewind. Something like this could very well lead to the demise of the band, or at least a dip in quality. To me, that's NOT worth it.

If this is true then Ozzy's music would be a hell of a lot better than it has been for quite sometime. However I think it's most likely just a rumor. Somebody from Ozzy's camp would have already confirmed something huge this. I could be wrong but that's just my opinion.

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on August 3, Randall Amplifiers has now confirmed via its Facebook page that 28-year-old Greek guitarist Gus G. (FIREWIND) has been tapped to play with OZZY OSBOURNE at the closing concert of this year's BlizzCon, which will take place August 21-22 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

In addition to his current axe-slinging duties with FIREWIND, Gus (real name: Kostas Karamitroudis) — who has an endorsement deal with Randall — has played in MYSTIC PROPHECY, NIGHTRAGE, ARCH ENEMY and DREAM EVIL.

It is not presently clear who will sit behind the kit for OZZY OSBOURNE's performance at BlizzCon, since his longtime drummer, Mike Bordin, is currently on the road in Europe with the reunited FAITH NO MORE.

Ozzy told Classic Rock magazine in a June 2009 interview that he was on the lookout for a new guitar player, apparently to replace Zakk Wylde. He also indicated that he was auditioning a guitarist from Greece, but declined to give further details.

As for why he wanted to break away from Wylde, who has played with Ozzy on and off since 1988, Ozzy said, "I haven't fallen out with Zakk, but Zakk's got his own band, and I felt like my stuff was beginning to sound like (Wylde's band) BLACK LABEL SOCIETY. I just felt like I wanted a change, y'know?"

In an interview with a Eugene, Oregon radio station on July 29, Zakk slammed Ozzy over his Classic Rock comments, saying in part, "I've gotta be honest with you. The boss hasn't even given me a phone call, so I mean... I'm just like... I don't know what's going on over there. Are we doing this thing or are we not doing it? . . . I mean, it's like, dude, you don't wanna play with me anymore? Fine. Play with whoever the hell you wanna play with. I couldn't give a rat's ass. Like I'm gonna get all jealous or whatever. But you know what?! Man up and give me a phone call and tell me what the hell's going on."

Wylde's answer after that abruptly turned into an obscenity-filled rant directed at Ozzy that had to be heavily bleeped by the station.

The former BLACK SABBATH singer has been working on his latest solo album at his home studio in Los Angeles, He said that Wylde had recorded material for the project, but added, "I don't know if I want to use it."

The largest event of its kind, BlizzCon is a celebration of Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft, Diablo, and StarCraft game universes and the global player communities surrounding them. At the closing ceremony on August 22, Ozzy will unleash a thunderous spectacle of rock to put the Lich King in his place and cement his own title as the one true Prince of Darkness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfaMB_VbTU..._embedded#t=151
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=472oPrlWpYw...feature=related[/ame]