Gus Monsanto Sings Angra

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
So...

I love Gus. I still think he was amazing in Adagio, and I always wondered how he'd do if he sang for, say my favorite band, Angra.

This weekend I found this... it's taken off a guitar lessons website from Brazil. Song starts at 01:23. Skip the beginning if you don't wanna hear a guy speaking Portuguese with a funny Northeast-Brazil accent. :lol:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0Z4sK-19o&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

And then I ask... Considering how Edu sounds these days on Angra songs (he admitted he can't sing most of them anymore), what do you guys think if Gus joined Angra (if Angra does go on, that is...) ?

I think it was you who told me about Angra a while back. The musicianship is cool, but I never got into the vocals. This guy rules though! Would be sweet if he joined. He kinda sounds like James Labrie but with a bit more attitude.

So...

I love Gus. I still think he was amazing in Adagio, and I always wondered how he'd do if he sang for, say my favorite band, Angra.

This weekend I found this... it's taken off a guitar lessons website from Brazil. Song starts at 01:23. Skip the beginning if you don't wanna hear a guy speaking Portuguese with a funny Northeast-Brazil accent. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0Z4sK-19o&feature=player_embedded

And then I ask... Considering how Edu sounds these days on Angra songs (he admitted he can't sing most of them anymore), what do you guys think if Gus joined Angra (if Angra does go on, that is...) ?

If Angra continues without Edu, they need to swipe the guy currently fronting Shaman. He does a good Edu voice.

Seems like he also does Andre pretty decently too.

I don't know though, I like it best when bands pick someone who sounds different but can still pull off the old songs, though not necessarily sounding like the last guy did.

Gus did a pretty good job on this song. Though I thought he had a lot of great energy on stage with Adagio, hearing him on DVD after the excitement of ProgPower V wore off left me with something to be desired. "Dominate" did nothing to help that, though I can't really blame that on Gus's performance. That said, hearing him sing this song certainly piqued my interest. The idea of Angra with Gus could be cool, though I wonder if he has the stamina and range to pull off a set of their fan favorites. I think any singer would find the Angra catalog to be a tremendous challenge.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert