Guys, I've had a revelation.

Burzumite

Pretentious hipster hat
Nov 14, 2004
Ohio
It all started with:
Black metal is for geeks who aren't even cool enough for dungeons and dragons.

So yeah. Now my life has changed. Plus I'm a butcher at my save-a-lot.

Crazy isn't it? Time for more w33d in Florida.

On Eglin AFB.

Yes, I realize it's pathetic to have a revelation while listening to a joke band, but I mean, a metal joke band with a dog and a nekrocripple. How can't you? I've gave the stuff up. No more nekrofrowns, no more homosexual killings, no more church burnings.

Of course, I was really more excited to be a fuckin' butcher, I just got the call yesterday.

That was more of a broad generalization. I'm reading Lords of Chaos right now, it's proved to be an interesting read, if nothing less.

Yeah, being a butcher is cool, though it's mainly packaging meats, so far. It's more death metal than anything.

Is Lords of Chaos any good? From the reviews and comments (some from the bands involved) it hasn't gotten a good rap, but the 90's Europe BM scene is very interesting so I'm open to read it anyway. Even "A Burzum Story" was a good read <_<

Yeah, it's pretty cool. A good read thusfar. I've heard that a lot of the people involved said it was unreliable with the writer taking quotes and twisting them around. It does cover the facts very well. It does cover the history of the genre fairly well, but spends a lot of time talking about Varg, in fact, it's the bulk of the book. You really get a feel for how crazy he is.

Plus it's got a lot of pictures, many of them are funny, but that's just because of the corpsepaint.

Lords of Chaos killed off all of the mystery about the Norwegian scene for me, even though I knew everything the book said prior to reading it. It took too much of a socio-political standpoint on the whole thing, turning it from a type of mythos into the average killing you hear about on the news. Not to say that there's anything wrong with that, but I preferred the mythos, to be quite honest.