GWAR fukkin' rules

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
I saw GWAR tonight. As you may have already inferred from the title of this thread I had a good time. The opening bands were Red Tide (local act) and All That Remains. Dying Fetus had to cancel out because they couldn't make it across the border.

Opening acts were boring melodeath and metalcoredeathmelocrappica. Needless to say its been done in Sweden 10 years ago by At The Gates, and better. funny enough they played Slaughter of the Soul in its entireity over the PA after both bands played and their sheer mediocrity compared to such could not be denied.

BUT GWAR.....

GWAR FUCKING RULED. The tour was entitled "mock the vote" tour and the first thing they did was decapitate an effigy of John Kerry (they disembowled GWB later). They also killed Osama bin Laden, Paris Hilton, Michael Jackson, Ronald-Reaganator-Bot, Arnold Swarzenegger... countless others... so much carnage....

WITH THE BLOOD!!!!
AND SEMEN!!!!

GWAR is awesome.

discuss

I've only heard America Must Be Destroyed and it was a hoot. Some songs were just dumb, some funny, and some were actually damn good.

I prefer Green Jellö to Gwar, but Gwar taught them everything they know. Either way, hilarious stuff.

haha, I didn't even care about the music, they slaughtered [effigies] onstage and shot [fake] blood and semen into the audience. COMEDY GOLD.