Ha! So speaking of doom-metal.com:

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
I registered an account there with my toby@maudlinofthewell.com email address the other day because I noticed that Clint talks shit on motW all over that board.

Anyway the admin for that site is Clint's friend John, who guested on LWS and is now a bandmate with Clint in WHEN JOY BECOMES SADDNESS (that's the way they spell it).

So anyway I went to go make my FIRST post today, and look! :

dmcom.jpg

They actually DO have something personal against us! wtf??

okay, the really unsettling thing here is that my IRL friend always says he is a moderator on a doom metal forum.

one glance at this site confirms - he is indeed a mod on one of these forums.

i am seeing him on sunday and i can ask him what the deal is, if you'd like.

who is he though? i mean i don't really care about having posting priveleges on this site, or straightening out shit between our band and those 2 fatasses.

I'm pretty sure your friend is not one of those 2 guys, is he?

Clint Listing or John Riendeau?

You know, in all honesty, Clint can be a good guy. He likes to express his opinions, and it rubs people the wrong way, but if you take it with a grain of salt, he's fucking funny as hell to listen to. Shit, he's ripped my band to my face, and we can laugh about it. Seriously, I can't see him having any personal problems with you guys.

John has always been a good guy. Shit, he's stayed at my place when he visited. Any beef I've ever had with Doom-Metal.com was never with Clint, or John or Aldo. It was always with SOME of the moronic posters on the board.

while i would have agreed maybe a couple years ago, events have led me to believe otherwise, the very least of which is this having my posting proveleges removed from John's board. That certainly doesn't make any sense.

Other things have been things like Clint and John avoiding us at local shows that they see us at, when we used to talk to them all the time, and the review of the last motW in the Dragon's Flight was just a personal shot at me.

Also there is the whole thing with us being friends with Greg Ball who quit LWS because he couldn't stand Clint anymore, as well as Dark Symphonies cutting off all contact with Clint. I think our affiliations with both Greg Ball and DS, who have perceptively 'wronged' Clint, make him hate us personally, and then John's Clintlove gets him on that side of the issue as well.

Toby, i'm sorry to hear that. I myself have been out of contact with those guys for quite sometime, but hopefully I'll see them at this years NE fest, and maybe I can gt you and them to kiss and make-up. hahaha! Anyway, are you going to be at the fest this year?

i wish! i had totally planned on it, but my sister is graduating from college the next day, and i have to catch a flight to DC Friday night. :(

I am really, really bummed about missing the show. Greg is going though!

Or just send someone with a video camera and a cardboard cutout of your face taped to a stick to hold up in the audience. It'll be almost the same as really being there.

I'll bring the papa smurf plush I found. Going by this picture
springjam2.jpg
it'd be about as tall as Toby