Hacking Revalver HP to use external impulses?

Lowberg

Aug 26, 2004
Rochester, NY
Hey guys! I just purchased Revalver HP knowing I was going to use an external impulse plug-in to use my own impulses from this forum (as the HP version does not allow you to use your own) and I was wondering, I noticed in the program file folder for Revalver the file extensions for Peavey's impulses are ".EWAV"

I remember hearing something once about changing the file name of our impulses and sticking them in the impulse folder to work with revalver HP, But I tried re-naming them to .EWAV and the program wont recognize them.

Has anyone tried this?

Nah, I remember seeing that - of course, Voxengo Boogex, not Kefir or SiR 1, is the way to go for free impulse loading ;)

Nah, I remember seeing that - of course, Voxengo Boogex, not Kefir or SiR 1, is the way to go for free impulse loading ;)

The only thing that has put me off with boogex is the fact that I've never found a way to completely bypass the Amplifier section. I don't want anything passing through it whatsoever. How do you go about this?

The problem with Kefir is the auto length detection algorithm it uses doesn't work correctly. I've inspected the plugin with Christian Budde's vst analyzer in comparison against SIR2 and it rarely ever sets the impulse to the correct length causing an inaccurate result. Perhaps I'll post some frequency response graphs demonstrating this later tonight.

I've been told Boogex induces a few samples, but I sure as hell don't notice it - and Devoured, all I do is just turn the 4 amplifier knobs all the way down, and that's good enough for me! (still sounds better than KeFIR IMO)

The only thing that has put me off with boogex is the fact that I've never found a way to completely bypass the Amplifier section. I don't want anything passing through it whatsoever. How do you go about this?

The problem with Kefir is the auto length detection algorithm it uses doesn't work correctly. I've inspected the plugin with Christian Budde's vst analyzer in comparison against SIR2 and it rarely ever sets the impulse to the correct length causing an inaccurate result. Perhaps I'll post some frequency response graphs demonstrating this later tonight.

Yea Ive tried boogex too in the past with the pod and I just got frustrated with it because I wanted "just cabinet" sound. I have been using KeFIR but that's interesting what you've said about the impulse length. I've also noticed that every time you load an impulse, the automatic default gain setting is a tiny bit different..

you cannot add ewav files but you could rename new ewavs into existing file names and copy them over the existing ... on the other hand you could use an external ir-prog.