hah..i see other people posting lyrics so why not eh?

The Burning Darkness

King of the Obvious
Jul 10, 2002
Visit site
dear god...this is about a year old...my friend (my rythem guitarist) wrote this one love song....well me and the lead guitarist fugga got ahold of it......tooootally rewrote it....before it sounded like a fucking iced earth ballad....

i wrote the first half exclusively...mr. lead guitarist had a greater influence over the rest of it......i tried to spruce it up before...but i still HATE the second half...i'm gonna chop it off and rewrite it later.....but here it is

Love Lost Forever

The love of another
Forsakes me to this day
The stake driven deeper
Into wounds that never heal
For you I suffer
Every night, to you I pray
Never to embrace or love another
The life I once could feel

Love lost forever

What would they care
(If I died here today)
What would they care
(If I left here this way)
What would they care
(If I raped you today)

My image burns between your thighs
Fulfill my sinful dreams
I revel in your cries
Forever lasting in my mind
Ecstasy driven from the pain in your eyes
Your blood spills and more you scream
Blood runs cold inside your veins
Typical Norwegian slut

Love lost forever

What do I care
(If you die here today)
What do I care
(If I leave you this way)
What do I care
(If I rape you today)

So much for your white wedding

hence the need to spruce it up....i already chopped off everything after...

"The life I once could feel"

i'm rewriting the rest completely...i'm like the only good writer in the band....course they can come up with riffs, so it works out

I think you might want to just cut out
"My image burns between your thighs
Fulfill my sinful dreams
I revel in your cries
Forever lasting in my mind
Ecstasy driven from the pain in your eyes
Your blood spills and more you scream
Blood runs cold inside your veins
Typical Norwegian slut"
because it blantantly describes rape and contradicts what you were writing in the beginning. What you were writing was much deeper then what he wrote.

um....that IS cut....

and the second half of the song is meant to take a very negative turn, in which the girl gets killed and the guy prolly kills himself too.......i'm keeping that idea, heh it was mine initially....but i'm not doing it in such a crude way.....

i just think my friend did it in a very tasteless manner...and the norweigen thing doesn't seem to fit at all...no idea where he pulled that shit out of.......besides the burning between the thighs is SO type o negative....heh

Well, I meant that you need to maybe be a little more symbolic with it. I really liked it, but it just sounded like a totally different song from the beginning.

But it sounds good, so let me try another suggestion. Add some more to it. Maybe in the next part have him kill himself because he cannot take living without her and he cannot live with what he did.

Cool. It's all about what you want to write. No one can really tell you what to write because you know what you want to write and they don't. I think that this thread has proven that. Everyone has different ideas and think different ways. I think you are a little more sadistic then I am. Ok, a lot more sadistic.

For you I suffer
Every night, to you I pray
I weep at the altar
All alone every day

Old memories digging deeper
Into wounds that never heal
Well its time to end it all my dear
Release all the rage I feel

And man I’m fucking tired of being your sacrifice
Well babe I’ve got to tell you that this lifestyle won’t suffice