haha funny thread

Katatonic

Not My Own
Sep 10, 2001
Sydney
Subject: Lab Rats

Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 14:51:29 -0700

PHOENIX, AZ--Scientists have discovered a tendency for lab rats to commit suicide after being exposed to the Judas Priest album "Sin After Sin."

During the tests rats were provided with two piles of cheese. One pile was normal cheese. The other pile was laced with rat poison and had a sign above clearly indicating the consequences of eating from that pile.

After just three playings of the album at a volume of 130 decibels, a stunning 50% of the rats had consumed a fatal dose of cheese from the rat poison pile. After 10 playings almost 90% of the rats were dead. By the time the album had been played 23 times all the rats in the experiment had committed suicide.

The test used 1013 rats and was funded by the plaintiffs in the Judas Priest suicide trial currently underway in Arizona. The results of this experiment were immediately rushed to the Parent's Music Resource Center headquarters in Washington, DC. The results will be presented to Congress by the PMRC on Friday in an effort to fund a $75 million follow-up to this experiment testing the effects on rats of the music of Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Black Sabbath, W.A.S.P., Blue Oyster Cult, Aerosmith, Megadeath, Motley Crue, 2 Live Crew, Ratt, Twisted Sister, Mentors, Woody Guthrie, and other controversial heavy metal bands.

Maybe the reading rats killed themselves because they wanted to hear something other than JP like Black Sabbath. I know I would.

If that guy had shot himself while listening to Demolition instead of Stained Class, it would have been a mercy kiling

so harsh...............yet so true!:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I ever kill myself, I go out during a Celine Dion song....claim she made me do it!

a friend of mine in school was doing a report on the effects of music on behavior and he found out about an experiment that subjected lab rats to different kinds of music, the ones they subjected to metal were more agressive and ended up killing each other, i think it was slayer that they were listening too :D

ok, have a look at the statistics, i doubt if you really thought about it you would think it is a real article. :err: :lol:

By the way Katatonic:

In the movie, Tim says "For death awaits you all, with nasty big pointy teeth" Not "big sharp pointy teeth."

Not trying to sound bitchy here, just thought I'd tell you.

By the way Katatonic:

In the movie, Tim says "For death awaits you all, with nasty big pointy teeth" Not "big sharp pointy teeth."

Not trying to sound bitchy here, just thought I'd tell you.

Saucy pedantic wretch, go chide
Late school-boys and sour prentices,
Go tell Court-huntsmen that the King will ride,
Call country ants to harvest offices;
Love, all alike, no season knows nor clime,
Nor hours, days, months, which are the rags of time.

Anyway, I knew that. I know another Tim who said that to me one day.....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Katatonic289

After just three playings of the album at a volume of 130 decibels, a stunning 50% of the rats had consumed a fatal dose of cheese from the rat poison pile. After 10 playings almost 90% of the rats were dead. By the time the album had been played 23 times all the rats in the experiment had committed suicide.

This makes sense. Listening to Judas Priest always makes me wanna eat cheese.

Oh yeah, shit.

I forgot to ask.

Hey Hearse, have you heard the new Tristania 'World of Glass'? It's in my local store and was wondering if it was as cool as the other releases.

I know one of their tracks is called 'Selling Out' and I am hoping they haven't done a Theatre of Tragedy on us...

Are you familiar with the new Tristania album?

This reminds me of another experiment with animals. They wanted to know the effect of music on cows, and how their milk production was affected. One group had Mozart pumped into their stalls. These bovines increased their milk production and peaked out at +30%. The other group for forced to listen to KISS. These cows slowed down their milk production. After a few days of this they stopped giving milk altogether.