Hail And Kill!

BlizzardOZ

Pro MetalHead
Sep 4, 2004
Israel
Yeah man! Just got a cd of Manowar from my friend, Hell of Steell, it's their best of. Man their music just blew me to the grownd, Pure Heavy Metal, Awsome Musicians as well!

"Heavy Metal or No Metal at All! Whipms and Posers LEAVE THE HALL!"
:headbang:

anyone else likes ManOwar?

elttob said:
r6zgates5769.gif

what

Anyway, when Manowar are not fucking around with stupid ballads or slow shit, they kick fucking ass. Their early epic stuff absolutely rules, and I implore people who always harp on with "lol, manowar = GEIGH" to listen to their songs "Bridge Of Death" and "Each Dawn I Die". Totally excellent stuff.

Edgecrusher said:
Is that about the bridge from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

I wish. :D Their early conceptual songs weren't that cheesy at all, to tell you the truth. But honestly, if you listen to certain songs from "Into Glory Ride" and "Hail To England" you will see that they actually had a rather significant influence on Hammerheart-era Bathory. If you think I'm fucking nuts, listen to "Bridge Of Death" and "Gates Of Valhalla" specifically.

i'll have to give a chance to their earlier stuff, but from what i've heard, they were so cheesy they got the cheet-os cat jealous. metal yes? mindless?... yes

The Grimace said:
Come on, man... I know we're truced and all, but now you're just tempting me! :D

Manowar, IMHO, does = Geigh. In fact, they're synonymous.

Ya know, like 'Man, quit being so Manowar!' or 'No, dude! I'm not Manowar like that!'

Uh huh. Manowar's first three albums are fucking stellar examples of very enjoyable Heavy Metal, and once again, their early epics were a huge influence on Bathory's work.

Pretentious art-fag bands with idiotic lyrics that fool you into thinking they're intellegent are more gay than Manowar's sense of fashion will ever be.

Jean-Pierre said:
Pretentious art-fag bands with idiotic lyrics that fool you into thinking they're intellegent are more gay than Manowar's sense of fashion will ever be.

If you'll just admit that loincloths are the undisputed gayest thing ever, I'll admit that I rocked out to their 2nd album when my friend was playing it the other day.

The Grimace said:
If you'll just admit that loincloths are the undisputed gayest thing ever, I'll admit that I rocked out to their 2nd album when my friend was playing it the other day.

I never said that fur bikinis weren't fagtastic. :lol: But you must admit, their early stuff rules and was very influential regardless of your personal enjoyment. I mean, c'mon, you got a hell of an eye for NWOBHM, ya gotta like a little early US Metal as well. ;)

I'm too much of a pretentious scene-head to admit to liking any American metal bands from the 'crap years' (post-Ride The Lightning, pre-Altars Of Madness, IMO), with the exception of Possesed and a couple others. I just find all US metal from right before the birth of the Tampa death scene to be... I dunno what, but not something I'm fond of.

The Grimace said:
I'm too much of a pretentious scene-head to admit to liking any American metal bands from the 'crap years' (post-Ride The Lightning, pre-Altars Of Madness, IMO), with the exception of Possesed and a couple others. I just find all US metal from right before the birth of the Tampa death scene to be... I dunno what, but not something I'm fond of.

All three of Manowar's first albums were released before RTL. ;)

Jean-Pierre said:
All three of Manowar's first albums were released before RTL. ;)

I knew that wouldn't come out the way I intented it to, I kinda crossed my words... I just meant that general sound that came into it's own in those years, the 'Heavy' or 'Traditional' style, which Manowar was a much bigger influence on than they were for Bathory.

(Sorry if I'm being confoosling, I've been up for days o_O )

The Grimace said:
I I just meant that general sound that came into it's own in those years, the 'Heavy' or 'Traditional' style, which Manowar was a much bigger influence on than they were for Bathory.

No problem, I totally get what ya mean, but are you really sure about that certain statement???

blood-fire-death-color.jpg

:D