Hail - super band...for covers?

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
HAIL! — the new all-star project featuring guitarist Andreas Kisser (SEPULTURA), vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (ex-JUDAS PRIEST, BEYOND FEAR, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ex-ICED EARTH), drummer Jimmy DeGrasso (ex-ALICE COOPER, ex-MEGADETH,ex-MD.45) and bassist David Ellefson (F5, ex-MEGADETH) will be touring Chile January 22-27 for five very exclusive shows. Their setlist will honor their own genres of metal as well as the classic music that inspired their careers.

Ellefson states: "Metal music has been our life and even our livelihoods. So this will be a cool opportunity for us to perform some of our favorite songs together for the fans and pay homage to the movement as a whole."

Owens says: "Now this is about having fun with some friends, and just playing some fun, kick-ass metal! I can't wait to have a few beers with my friends in Chile!"

HAIL! is expected to perform tracks from MEGADETH, SEPULTURA and JUDAS PRIEST along with classics from AC/DC, BLACK SABBATH, DEEP PURPLE, METALLICA, VENOM and IRON MAIDEN.

The dates are as follows:

Jan. 22 - Santiago, Chile - Rock & Guitarras
Jan. 23 - Valparaiso, Chile - El Huevo
Jan. 24 - Concepcion, Chile - Havana Club
Jan. 25 - Puerto Montt, Chile - Arena Puerto Montt
Jan. 27 - Antofagasta, Chile - Rock & Soccer

I mean this is beyond weird. First, no one in the band as far as I know is Chilean. Second, they pick a single Latin American country for five shows (instead of five countries). Third, they're gonna do covers, I mean such a line-up would be nice to make their own music maybe in the vein of the bands they're covering.

Anyway, green with envy for the Chileans and congrats guys :headbang: