Hair Metal

Did not know that. Definitely one of my favorite Bon Jovi songs (there aren't all that many). They had a video for it too, no?

...and Ah! Leah is good too!

Currently enjoying Crazy Lixx and H.E.A.T .. however, the lines are blurred between AOR, Hair, Sleaze and Glam these days ...

You can call it anything
it don't matter to me.
Call it what you want.
It's all music to me.

Currently enjoying Crazy Lixx and H.E.A.T .. however, the lines are blurred between AOR, Hair, Sleaze and Glam these days ...

That's what I'm discovering. Metal is still relatively new to me, and I find it crazy that there are so many different sub-genres, crossovers and fringe movements.

Well, as in any sub-genre, there are good and lousy bands. Also as said there is a very thin line in between AOR, glam and hair-metal.

Some bands that I concider to be good "hair bands; Prophet, Steelheart, Winger, Tyketto, Skid Row, Vinnie Vincent, ...

Here's a good hair metal band.

I'm not a huge fan of hair metal, but I've liked Dokken ever since my uncle introduced me to them.

George Lynch is a pretty talented guitarist.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big fan of a lot of the hair metal bands.. Ratt and Dokken were my 2 favorite in the 80's. I got to see Dokken 5 times back in the 80's. Lynch was the guitar player of that scene for me.