HAKEN: Vector

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
HAKEN TO RELEASE VECTOR ALBUM IN OCTOBER; ETCHING COMPETITION ANNOUNCED FOR FANS (VIDEO)

"...Haken have announced details of their upcoming fifth studio album Vector, out on October 26th....
...“We don't like to make simple music,” laughs vocalist Ross Jennings. “We always aim to defy expectations, and I believe we've surpassed what we aimed to achieve with our new album.”
Their fifth studio record sees the band going in a heavier direction with the music. “We’ve always had a heavy influence”, explains guitarist Charlie Griffiths, “but it was obvious from the riffs that were naturally coming out of us early in the writing process that this would be a more metal album. These are some of the most riff driven songs we’ve ever written.”..."

hakencdaug18.jpg

the verses in The Good Doctor are fuckin groovy. I'm diggin it

I like that a whole lot more than The Good Doctor, which I thought was just ok. Fuckin amped for this one.

How does prog metal keep being so awesome every damned year?

the album itself is much darker and heavier than the previous few. It has some really good riffs and a couple of those fantastic multi-layered vocal harmonies in Puzzle Box and Veil. The only problem with the album is that it's too short. Needs 2 more songs.

Reactions: Mardoch
I'd like a bit more meat on the bone, too, but the meat that's there is of such exquisite quality that I can forgive the seeming lack.