Halcyon Way in the Sweetwater Showdown finals this Saturday!!!!

From the looks of it, I'd estimate Behemoth won't go on until about 11:30-midnight :) It's not that bad -- I've done back-to-back shows flying across Atlanta many a time before. (last *cough* weekend) So, who'll come out to vote for Halcyon Way -- c'mon, I promise to supply some extra dance visuals AND shake it with you in the crowd. Howzzat? :)

HW, I'm bringing out the whole Inviolate crew (plus their respective girlfriends) for y'all. So that's at least 5 more!

PS -- Folks, don't forget sunglasses.... :)

I wouldn't miss the Saturday Night Smackdown for anything; I'm ready to see you guys "DELIVER THE SUFFERING"...see you tonight!!!!!!! :kickass::headbang:

I have it on good authority that the guys are dedicating the song 'Deliver the Suffering' to a certain radio personality in the metro area. ;)

should be fun. LOL. I hope he's in attendance. :lol:

Well, we came in a close second. The band who won (Catalyst) brought about 96 people to the show and we had 54 or so.. One judge voted for us, the other for them and it came down to the audience vote but their popularity far outweighed ours.. thus we lost.

Now you see why we flood the forum telling everyone who is in the area to come out and support metal and local music so we can have a fighting chance in a world where popularity wins. It's all good.. a melodic metal band made it into the finals? That's pretty sweet.. plus we got some cash at the local music store to buy equipment!

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who did come out and showed your support! You guys are the best fans and friends we could ask for! Hope to see y'all at our last gig of the year this Saturday at Sidelines. It's Halloween themed and there will be many surprises in store.

Well, we came in a close second. The band who won (Catalyst) brought about 96 people to the show and we had 54 or so.. One judge voted for us, the other for them and it came down to the audience vote but their popularity far outweighed ours.. thus we lost.

Sorry to hear that :mad:; you guys definitely blew the roof off the place last night!!!!!!!

It's all good.. a melodic metal band made it into the finals? That's pretty sweet..

A melodic metal band making it to the finals is definitely a good sign; the days of frat-boy rock dominating these types of competitions is officially OVER :headbang:

Hope to see y'all at our last gig of the year this Saturday at Sidelines. It's Halloween themed and there will be many surprises in store.

See you Saturday night!!!!!!!

Whew. At least "Catalyst" is a decent name for a band...it could even be a prog band with a name like that. But Whiskey Shit Vomit? :lol:

I couldn't make it through Catalyst to see how WSV sounded... good name or no, I thought they pretty much blew.:ill:

That sucks, guys! 'Twas a good show and it's a shame you didn't win... you were definitely better than them.

Shaye

I couldn't make it through Catalyst to see how WSV sounded... good name or no, I thought they pretty much blew.:ill:

That sucks, guys! 'Twas a good show and it's a shame you didn't win... you were definitely better than them.

Shaye

Thanks Shaye! Catalyst just had that whole slipknot thing going, and they just brought their A-game and the crowd. Not that we didn't, but they really had a ton of people there. It's all good.....we ****REALLY**** appreciate everyone that came out to support us, it was still a killer show.

Shoulda realized, since "personality" and me don't belong in the same sentence. :heh:

Damn, now you have me curious. :)

The best song to play for me and the kidney stone right now would have to be Cryptopsy's "And Then It Passes." :lol:

Heh. It's a certain to-remain-nameless personality on 96.1 that claims to support local music, but has never played us in spite of promising it many times. He "forgot" to play us this past week but "remembered" to play Whiskey. 96.1 are one of the sponsors of the SW Showdown. HMMM.

What a great show you guys put on!! My neck is still sore for headbanging!
It was great just to see you guys make it far as you did! On that note, I think the band has come a long way this year! You guys have worked hard this year and it is really paid off!! :headbang:

Now if that "guy" doesn't take another year to finish the record, next year should be great!

congrats!

Now you see why we flood the forum telling everyone who is in the area to come out and support metal and local music so we can have a fighting chance in a world where popularity wins. It's all good.. a melodic metal band made it into the finals? That's pretty sweet.. plus we got some cash at the local music store to buy equipment!

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who did come out and showed your support! You guys are the best fans and friends we could ask for! Hope to see y'all at our last gig of the year this Saturday at Sidelines. It's Halloween themed and there will be many surprises in store.