HALESTORM's LZZY HALE: 'Never Let Anyone Tell You That You Are Undesirable Or Ugly Or A...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Lzzy Hale has encouraged her fans to redefine the gender roles, norms and practices socially imposed on men and women. The HALESTORM frontwoman, whio has long been an outspoken advocate for mental health, took to her Twitter on Monday (November 18) to write: "Boys are taught that crying equals weakness, wearing pink is feminine...and if you like to sew instead of fixing cars...you are somehow less of a man. That IS absolutely not true!! Boys, be your true and authentic self, and love every bit of YOU. Don't let society steal your joy. "And Girls are taught that enjoying sports, or deciding Not to shave; cutting your hair short or being in a Rock band, somehow makes you less feminine.... or unsexy... THIS IS NOT TRUE. Girls, be your authentic selves; don't let the societal 'rules' steal ur power & ur true beauty "I grew up a tomboy. But there have always been two sides to me. The side that wants to climb trees and tour with a bunch of boys in a rock band...and then there's the side of me that loves red lipstick and high heels. I'm living proof that you can have both. "Also, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN we have to stop worrying about whether we are too squishy,big, thin, curvy, short, tall, big ass,small tits, a roll or two when you bend over, STOP! Beautiful doesn't have Anything to do with your body type. It's what you DO, and give back to the world! "Stop comparing yourself to others. Be an original...be you and be kind to others. All of these society dubbed 'beautiful' people have the same insecurities you do. That's why we have to change our way of thinking. "For example; I was teased mercilessly as a kid, my long fingers, my alien-esque body, the clothes I wore, my hair, my nose, the music I liked etc. But in my 30s all of my so called flaws are now what people and most importantly what I feel are my beautiful and powerful features. "So, never let anyone tell you that you are undesirable, or ugly or a freak for just being who you are. All of what makes you You is beautiful and unique and powerful. Own yourself. Pass it on. "Be your authentic self, own your so called flaws, be unapologetic and turn all of the negative into positive. Find your superpower. You are the one you've been waiting for... you are the fire." Last year, Hale launched a mental health awareness campaign in the wake of the tragic death of HUNTRESS frontwoman Jill Janus. Shortly after Jill's passing, Lzzy posted a picture on social media of herself raising the horns, and encouraged others who had suffered from mental illness to do the same and tag their posts with #RaiseYourHorns. In the days that followed, thousands of rock fans from across the world shared the hashtag and their stories. HALESTORM's latest album, "Vicious", was released in July 2018 via Atlantic.

Boys are taught that crying equals weakness, wearing pink is feminine...and if you like to sew instead of fixing cars...you are somehow less of a man. That IS absolutely not true!! Boys, be your true and authentic self, and love every bit of YOU. Don't let society steal your joy.

— Lzzy Hale (@LZZYHALE) November 17, 2019

And Girls are taught that enjoying sports, or deciding Not to shave; cutting your hair short or being in a Rock band, somehow makes you less feminine.... or unsexy... THIS IS NOT TRUE. Girls, be your authentic selves; don't let the societal “rules” steal ur power & ur true beauty

I grew up a tomboy. But there have always been two sides to me. The side that wants to climb trees and tour with a bunch of boys in a rock band...and then there's the side of me that loves red lipstick and high heels. I'm living proof that you can have both.

Also, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN we have to stop worrying about whether we are too squishy,big, thin, curvy, short, tall, big ass,small tits, a roll or two when you bend over, STOP! Beautiful doesn't have Anything to do with your body type. It's what you DO, and give back to the world!

Stop comparing yourself to others. Be an original...be you and be kind to others. All of these society dubbed “beautiful” people have the same insecurities you do. That's why we have to change our way of thinking.

For example; I was teased mercilessly as a kid, my long fingers, my alien-esque body, the clothes I wore, my hair, my nose, the music I liked etc. But in my 30s all of my so called flaws are now what people and most importantly what I feel are my beautiful and powerful features.

So, never let anyone tell you that you are undesirable, or ugly or a freak for just being who you are. All of what makes you You is beautiful and unique and powerful. Own yourself. Pass it on.

Be your authentic self, own your so called flaws, be unapologetic and turn all of the negative into positive. Find your superpower. You are the one you've been waiting for... you are the fire. Photo by @judyhwon https://t.co/oIYaB0BWSM

Continue reading...