Halford - Made of Metal album cover and track listing

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Okay, as everyone knows I love everything this guy does. Probably my favorite musician, but what the hell is up with the album cover? A racecar? Really, Rob? Anyways, I do find it interesting I must say that "The Mower" is the final track on the album. I'm sure I'll like the album, but I do have my reservations as I find the title track to be one of the worst songs Halford's ever been involved with.

imgres

Track Listing:
1) Undisputed
2) Fire and Ice
3) Made Of Metal
4) Speed Of Sound
5) Like There¹s No Tomorrow
6) Till The Day I Die
7) We Own The Night
8) Heartless
9) Hell Razor
10) Thunder and Lightning
11) Twenty-Five Years
12) Matador
13) I Know We Stand A Chance
14) The Mower

That cover certainly blows, but then again, which HALFORD solo albums have quality covers?

I love Halford too, though more specifically Priest.

I am still a bit confused that they never really properly promoted NOSTRADAMUS. An album that was hyped for a year, even going as far to say they would perform it in its entirety live. I love the album, but I know it was met with lukewarm reviews. Maybe that's what ultimately changed their mind.

That cover certainly blows, but then again, which HALFORD solo albums have quality covers?

I love Halford too, though more specifically Priest.

I am still a bit confused that they never really properly promoted NOSTRADAMUS. An album that was hyped for a year, even going as far to say they would perform it in its entirety live. I love the album, but I know it was met with lukewarm reviews. Maybe that's what ultimately changed their mind.

The other Halford album covers aren't bad. I'm not saying they were works of art, but they were good. This one is really bad though.

I'm with you though. I really wish they had promoted this or at least done more songs off the album in their concerts. I found it extremely odd that they had such a great concept album that would've been awesome to see in its entirety, yet instead they decided to do British Steel in its entirety. I'm guessing a lot of it had to do with the mixed reviews, but I still don't get why they couldn't have done a couple specific shows throughout the world like at theater venues. I think they would've fine with that. Or at least do a tour that has more than Prophecy on it. Oh well.

I havne't heard Halford's Made of Metal the song but the Dream Evil version absolutely kills, especially live. Expectations are set low for this album cause The Mower was just a load of screaming and no song in my book. Mind you expectations were set low for Maiden after El Dorado and the Final Frontier video were released first and that turned out much better in the end. If Rob can somehow match Resurrection even half way I'll be surprised. It seems he's trying to hard to be Metal. Stop trying so hard Rob, you are the metal god. No one can take that away from you. Just relax and let the metal flow as Chuck says, don't force the metal, the metal will out itself, it cannot be denied!

The other Halford album covers aren't bad. I'm not saying they were works of art, but they were good. This one is really bad though.

I'm with you though. I really wish they had promoted this or at least done more songs off the album in their concerts. I found it extremely odd that they had such a great concept album that would've been awesome to see in its entirety, yet instead they decided to do British Steel in its entirety. I'm guessing a lot of it had to do with the mixed reviews, but I still don't get why they couldn't have done a couple specific shows throughout the world like at theater venues. I think they would've fine with that. Or at least do a tour that has more than Prophecy on it. Oh well.

The problem with performing Nostradamus in its entirety is that it's way too long. At this stage, Priest isn't going to be playing any two and a half-hour shows, and fans of a band that has 35 years worth of back catalog are going to be pretty upset if they don't get to hear any of it. British Steel is only 36 minutes long, so you can play the whole thing and still have plenty of time for a fairly comprehensive greatest-hits set (it also doesn't hurt that several all-time-classic songs would be a part of the British Steel set).

The problem with performing Nostradamus in its entirety is that it's way too long. At this stage, Priest isn't going to be playing any two and a half-hour shows, and fans of a band that has 35 years worth of back catalog are going to be pretty upset if they don't get to hear any of it. British Steel is only 36 minutes long, so you can play the whole thing and still have plenty of time for a fairly comprehensive greatest-hits set (it also doesn't hurt that several all-time-classic songs would be a part of the British Steel set).

Yeah, I understand that but I know I remember hearing interviews where they were talking about it. That's why I said though if they played it at a couple of specific venues throughout the world, it would work. Do Nostradamus and maybe 3-5 other songs. It doesn't have to be 2 1/2 hours long. If not that though, I would've just liked them to play at least a couple more songs from it. They had two US tours here and each time they only played Prophecy.