HALO: CE remake (2011) & Halo 4 (2012) !!!!!!!

It's all about context guys. Key moments in history that define certain genres etc. Golden Eye was amazing in its time. It was sleek gameplay, the graphics were new and amazing and the campaign was sweet. It changed games of that style at the time. Same thing with Halo, it did that for *modern* gaming.

And as much as I don't enjoy playing it, Modern Warfare did it again with attracting so much online play to its franchise. So it's all in context. And as far as I'm concerned, Halo is still epic in todays gaming and hopefully, implemented right, the next trilogy will be fantastic. :)

It's all about context guys. Key moments in history that define certain genres etc. Golden Eye was amazing in its time. It was sleek gameplay, the graphics were new and amazing and the campaign was sweet. It changed games of that style at the time. Same thing with Halo, it did that for *modern* gaming.

And as much as I don't enjoy playing it, Modern Warfare did it again with attracting so much online play to its franchise. So it's all in context. And as far as I'm concerned, Halo is still epic in todays gaming and hopefully, implemented right, the next trilogy will be fantastic. :)

This! :cool:

My problem with halo is I felt the games got worse over time. Halo? Awesome. Halo 2? Meh. Halo 3, oh God make it fucking stop.

Then ODST had a great storyline IMO, but the game play I thought sucked (ugh, I don't like being in a small area and then playing flashback levels).

Halo wars: Have not even got through it yet, but I'm not a huge fan of how it plays. Would have liked it alright on a computer though.

Halo reach: Yeah I'm playing the fuck out of this at the moment, I actually thought the campaign was decent and I'm digging the online play.

IMO halo2 was the weakest... Halo.3 picked up again, odst I feel was special in it's own way... I honestly felt alone and depressed... The music just made the whole environment for me on that one. It sucked not having that character 'identity' to go with though... Being the chief just OWNS! :p