Hammerfall - Bushido

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
New single by the Swedish Templars of Steel. Infected is history. Legacy of Kings and Crimson Thunder era is back. The production is how Hammerfall is supposed to sound thanks to Fredrik from Dream Evil. The solo section is just superb for me whilst I expect many better songs on the album. This is a good song but not amazing but acceptable for a first single anyway. We forgive your last experiment, you are accepted back in the true metal fold!

EDIT: video no longer valid

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to Fredrik from Dream Evil.

You mean Fredrik the legendary producer who made some of the most important metal records of the last 20 something years, who by chance also happens to play in his hobby band, Dream Evil - right? :)

Seems like a bit weak of a song to me. Too plodding for Hammerfall.

I really liked Infected. :p

Sounds like a HammerFall song to me. I'm not sure what you all expected. HammerFall isn't doing, nor has ever done anything new and/or exciting. They found a formula that works and they've stuck to it.

I really liked Infected. :p

Sounds like a HammerFall song to me. I'm not sure what you all expected. HammerFall isn't doing, nor has ever done anything new and/or exciting. They found a formula that works and they've stuck to it.

I don't expect them to invent the wheel, but good Hammerfall at least keeps me interested. This song sorta bored me but at least the vocal melody is somewhat catchy.

I think the slower pace is supposed to imbue some sense of an "epic" feel to it. But, kind of like the way Iced Earth's Crucible of Man album never picked up the pace, neither does this song. I hope it's not indicative of the whole album. I need some double bass and some scorching guitar for me to really get into this kinda stuff.

I think the slower pace is supposed to imbue some sense of an "epic" feel to it. But, kind of like the way Iced Earth's Crucible of Man album never picked up the pace, neither does this song. I hope it's not indicative of the whole album. I need some double bass and some scorching guitar for me to really get into this kinda stuff.

Having heard the whole album, yes there are faster songs on it. Wildfire is especially cool.

While i really like Infected, The new one feels more like Classic HF.

Having heard the whole album, yes there are faster songs on it. Wildfire is especially cool.

While i really like Infected, The new one feels more like Classic HF.

How did you get to hear the album? Do you get promos from Nuclear Blast? They're the only label I can't get promos from.

In any case, glad to hear it sounds like a classic HammerFall album.

hoping for the best....been a great year for power metal releases. Lots of bands who have done lackluster albums for years really did great this year with top notch albums. Hope I can ad Hammerfall to the list.

New video. Definitely sounding more like the first 2 albums than the latest ones. Good song IMO.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtGFIrvtiAs&[/ame]

hoping for the best....been a great year for power metal releases. Lots of bands who have done lackluster albums for years really did great this year with top notch albums. Hope I can ad Hammerfall to the list.

I haven't bought hardly anything this year. What has been released that you recommend? Thanks,

Ron