Hammerfall - Bushido

I haven't bought hardly anything this year. What has been released that you recommend? Thanks,

Ron

Gamma Ray, Freedom Call, Grave Digger, Elvenking, Brainstorm, Primal Fear, Sinbreed and Edguy have all been great albums. I've also heard that the new Stormwarrior and Iron Savior are good as well.

Gamma Ray, Freedom Call, Grave Digger, Elvenking, Brainstorm, Primal Fear, Sinbreed and Edguy have all been great albums. I've also heard that the new Stormwarrior and Iron Savior are good as well.

I've reviewed all but one of those. Top recommendations on my list would be Brainstorm, Elvenking, and probably Edguy. The upcoming Wolf album is pretty good too.

The new Primal Fear, Grave Digger and Iron Savior albums are the best from this list for me.

The new Hammerfall album is awesome!

My song by song quick review.

Hector's Hymn - This song sounds like it was lifted straight off of Legacy of Kings with punchier sound. The chorus is mighty! 8/10
(R)Evolution - The title track is very much Let The Hammer Fall part 2. The backing gang vocals are pretty awesome. 8/10
Bushido - The original single has grown on me but still not my fave. It's enjoyable though. 7/10
Live Life Loud - Love love love this tune. It's simple as hell but very rocking. 9/10
Ex Inferis - One of the heavier tunes on the album. Slower riffs and more dark with a heavy gang led chorus. 7/10
We Won't Back Down - I like fast music mostly so a song like this appeals more. Guest vocals on this song by who I wonder? A great catchy tune. 9/10
Winter Is Coming - A slow and morose balladic song. Not my fave style but this song is sort of engaging and makes you feel the cold of the coming winter hehe..!! 6/10
Origins - My fave song on the album. Love the Maidenesque cum Iced Earth galloping feel and everything about the song is cool as hell for me. 10/10
Tainted Metal - Another awesome tune with killer riffs right off the bat. The chorus whilst simple is superbly catchy. 9/10.
Evil Incarnate - They heavy it up again and slow it down as the title would suggest. Probably my fave slower song on the album with a big powerful chorus. 8/10
Wildfire - As the title would suggest a fast and melodic song to end with huge gang choir vocals. This song reminds me of Sabaton. 9/10

Overall I rate the album at 8.5/10. Still not as good as Legacy of Kings but not far behind at all and will easily please the band's fans.