Hammerfall new album.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
From their official website:

On May, 20th, HAMMERFALL is going to release their new album called Infected. Laying down the foundation themselves in their own studio in Sweden, the band then traveled to Nashville, TN, to finish it up with acclaimed producer James Michael (MÖTLEY CRÜE, SCORPIONS, MEAT LOAF). He also mixed the album, giving it a decisive updated edge without losing anything of the essence of the band. "James helped us create something that was new and exciting while still in the line of our heritage", Oscar Dronjak, guitar player and founder of the band, explains.

“Never before have we sounded this fresh and up to date without losing the essence of what HammerFall is all about: Pure 'Infected' Heavy Metal!”, comments vocalist and frontman Joacim Cans.

You will experience us like you've never done before! We've got a lot of fresh influences shining through in the music, but everything you love about HammerFall will still be there“, says Oscar. "This is HammerFall in 2011, the legend has been reborn!".

On March 12th, the music was introduced for the first time to an international group of press people in Göteborg, where the album received a great response. Metal Hammer Spain calls it “the HammerFall of the future“, while British Powerplay Magazine comments: "Infected will have the name HammerFall spreading like a virus. Prepare for an epidemic!". The album consists eleven songs, and the limited first edition will also include a bonus DVD with unreleased video material of five of the Infected tracks.

A compete track listing of the album reads as follows:

Patient Zero
B.Y.H.
One More Time
The Outlaw
Send Me A Sign
Dia De Los Muertos
I Refuse
666 - The Enemy Within
Immortalized
Let's Get It On
Redemption

The first single will be One More Time, released on April 6th, digital only. A video will be shot by Patrick Ullaeus, who is also responsible for the cover artwork of Infected

Frankly now I'm begin to worry a bit. I don't think that's the kind of producer a band like them need (can't they afford Fredrik Nordstrom in Sweden, so they go to USA?). And somehow (unless an instrumental) a song called 'Dia de los Muertos' for a power metal band from Sweden just doesn't click (hope Joacim in not trying to sing in Spanish :ill:).

But as long time far of course I will give it a try :D

Don't they release an album like every other week?

What I can't figure out is how they went from Nordstrom to a more poppy sound on each record. They might as well phone Michael Wagener on the next record and say "We want the White Lion sound from 1987."

It's been all downhill since Legacy of Kings.

I know a lot of people that think like that.

I became a fan so I followed on, I think they got a standard formula that works for me, still the last one was a bit dissapointing maybe because the change in guitar player. Line-up changes tend to weaken recordings until they click altogether.

So I will wait and see the final product, nowdays gracefully we can download an album and judge by ourselves before do any purchase, so no sweat for me.

It's been all downhill since Legacy of Kings.

I definitely would not agree with this. I find myself listening to the last 4 or 5 CDs much more often than the 1st 2, especially LoK which I almost never play anymore. They now play more mid-pace traditional HM, compared to the somewhat happier speedy double-bass stuff on LoK and that's very fine for me.

I'm looking forward to the new CD.

Never been a fan. I tried a few times because they use the "gang vocal" style backing vocals often like Accept does and I love that, but they just somehow never clicked for me.

Bryant

I liked Crimson Thunder and Threshold about as much as the first two. The new one did little for me.

My favorite "Hammerfall" album was Cans solo record. A fine slab of classic metal with some great guest appearances.

I liked Crimson Glory and Threshold about as much as the first two. The new one did little for me.

My favorite "Hammerfall" album was Cans solo record. A fine slab of classic metal with some great guest appearances.

Beyond the gates... OF HELL! Not a bad album. Haven't listened to that one in a while...

I don't know, I started listening to them a while ago but every time I put them on I swear they sound less and less heavy. And what is with their obsession with hammers?

I don't know, I started listening to them a while ago but every time I put them on I swear they sound less and less heavy. And what is with their obsession with hammers?

I agree in part. As for the hammers is kind of a trademark, like let's say Impaled Nazarene obsession with goats :lol:

Actually for the coming album they dropped their mascot and hammer from the artwork which in my case pisses me off.