New Hammerfall album.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Alright! The guys who put me into Europower are back with their fifth album (those allergic to the band stay out of the thread :lol: ).

HAMMERFALL Name New CD & Tracklisting

HAMMERFALL have announced that the title for their forthcoming album will be Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken.

The album will be released on March, 7th through Nuclear Blast and is being produced and mixed by Charlie Bauernfeind (BLIND GUARDIAN, HELLOWEEN), who previously worked with the band on their Crimson Thunder album.

The record will feature following tracks: ‘Secrets’, ‘Blood Bound’, ‘Fury Of The Wild’, ‘Hammer Of Justice’, ‘Never, Ever’, ‘Born To Rule’, ‘The Templar Flame’, ‘Imperial’, ‘Take The Black’, ‘Knights Of The 21st Century’.

‘Blood Bound’ will be released as a single first, coming out on January, 31st. The band recently shot a video for the track, which was done in their hometown of Gothenburg, Sweden.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I will be waiting. I stil think their best work was LEGACY OF KINGS. Thats probably cause it was my first album by them though. :headbang:
Mine too. Was a birthday gift and basically put me into the band and the whole new Europower scene. I consider very good, but still I like the first one better. Anyway "Renegade" and "Crimson Thunder" also have really good songs. So I guess they hadn't screwed up IMO so far.

My fav is still the debut 'Glory to the Brave' but I dig them all except Renegade didn't do much for me. New album should be cool!

If you guys are interested in the Hammerfall DVD... I am about to announce a huge sale I am having on my CD store here at UM.com...but before I do...I have like 7 or 8 Hammerfall DVDs left for cheap. It's the one with the DVD and audio CD stuff...good buy and great DVD (I kept one myself). Anyways, grab one now before they're gone if you want it cheap: www.metalages.com/store . All CDs there are also $9.99 or less mostly and there's a good batch of Old School stuff on there!

sixxswine said:
I just discovered this band about a year or so ago. In fact, it was through UM OS.
Great band, I'm looking forward to that new record...
I have yet to get the Live dvd, is that good?!

dvd is not good, very messy and bad, unchanging camera angles. The only good part is the wacken open air which is only about four tracks, the rest of the dvd is the bandmembers acting retarded.

I like legacy of kings the best.

I didn't like cans solo album at all, I look forward to hammerfall v

The saYer said:
I didn't like cans solo album at all, I look forward to hammerfall v
I did like Cans solo album a lot, not totally like Hammerfall and not something enterily different either. A solid release IMO.

I actually enjoyed the DVD. Studio work of I WANT OUT with KAI HAnsen and UDO also the drum solo and the Wacken stuff. I thought the part when Oscar is in his shorts and runs into the yard and the dog stares at him like hes a retard is hilarious. Also the Bike that wouldnt start was funny too. ALso two thumbs up on CANS solo album. Different bu good.

The saYer said:
dvd is not good, very messy and bad, unchanging camera angles.

You are not referring to One Crimson Night DVD?
I watched that one and didn't like it at all. It all sounds and looks great, but they seem totally forced in their stage movements and I noticed that the drummer had a few hickups, which is weird considering his long career and that he is a pro player... :err:
Anyways, the first two albums kept my interest, but the last two didn't impress me at all. They'd be a much better bend with another singer IMO (their weakest point)...

How curious a lot of people dismiss Joacim Cans vocals. To me he's a very good vocalist and one of the strong points of the band. IMO the weakest point is Oskar Dronjak, I feel that his composition is not amazing and his looks is plain silly. I know old school metal has a lot of chains and leather and spikes, but to me he's stretching it beyond need.

Been said that, I like Hammerfall a lot, their music is cool, the tunes catchy and I'll go for the next album for sure. :D

SickBoy said:
You are not referring to One Crimson Night DVD?
I watched that one and didn't like it at all. It all sounds and looks great, but they seem totally forced in their stage movements and I noticed that the drummer had a few hickups, which is weird considering his long career and that he is a pro player... :err:
Anyways, the first two albums kept my interest, but the last two didn't impress me at all. They'd be a much better bend with another singer IMO (their weakest point)...

Sounds like the Templar Renegade Crusades DVD? It's mostly ameteurish video & studio video shots. It's worth a watch, but is not real exciting & the quality is mostly poor.

I haven't picked up the One Crimson Night DVD yet... I got the CD, which wasn't real exciting. Also pissed that the CD (which I mail-ordered) turned out to be a one-disk version, not the full two-disk version. Pisses me off.

All their cds are excellent. Legacy of Kings is definately my favorite & would probably make my personal "Top Ten" list if I had one.

Can't wait to get the new HammerFall cd. They are one of the first bands along with Stratovarius and Blind Guardian that opened the doors to the European power metal scene for me. Legacy of Kings and Crimson Thunder are my two favorites though I do like all of their albums. I can't wait till they come back to America. I am sure they will be back in 2005. I saw them in 2002 on tour with Dio and they kicked major major ass. I also can't wait to hear Cronos from Venom's guest appearance on the new album. That should kick all ass. Oh yeah, I was floored with the Cans solo release. It is one of my favorite albums of 2004, definetly in my top 10, maybe cracking my top 5.

Anyone here check out Joacim's vocals on the new Warlord album, Rising from the Ashes? It's more mid-tempo and 80's sounding than the Hammerfall albums, but it totally rocks out! Mark Zonder on drums, and given free reign. Joacim penetrating your eardrums with his killer voice. William Tsamis delivers some killer guitar licks too. Just AWESOME old school stuff.