Hammerfall

nataservant

Lord of Mediocraty
Jul 8, 2003
Florida
Visit site
I've seen a few Hammerfall threads already but not recently so I decided to start a new one.

HAMMERFALL rules! With such lyrics as "Chasing dragons by the moon" and "Unicorns fly through the NIGHT" or something along those lines you can't beat such classics as "Templars of Steel" "The Way of The Warrior" and "Riders of the Storm." This band will tear you limb from limb while they sing about dragons, gold, fairies and many other imaginary tales of mysticism, folk and fantasy. Metal warriors unite on your horses of steel and wield your swords in the name of victory because the templars are upon you and ready to fight or die!!!

METALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably the weakest Power Metal band ever. It actually is Metal too, with no annoying endless double bass or flowery faggotry, which is probably why I'm so damn disappointed at it's weakness.

Hammerfall is an awesome band, I enjoy their music alot. I own all their albums including their live album. I am loking to pick up both dvd's they have out and possibly some of their singles/ep's. They are awesome live too. I missed them back in the day when they toured America with DEATH but saw them two years ago opening for Dio which was awesome. I hope to see them back in the USA in 2005. Their new album is being recorded now and I am very much looking foward to it.

LET THE HAMMER FALL!

Anyone who reckons they are gay is a wang, they fuckin own and you know it. All the musicianship is great, and the singing tops it off awesomely.

Like all things they are an acquired taste. I disliked them and powermetal for the longest time but one day it just hit me. Now I love it all, Hammerfall is fucking great.

Mr.Toby said:
Anyone who reckons they are gay is a wang, they fuckin own and you know it. All the musicianship is great, and the singing tops it off awesomely.

No. Joacim Cans is one of the most prissy and lifeless vocalists I've ever heard. He has great control, but absolutely no power and barely a big enough range.

And the music: Take Helloween's "Cry For Freedom" and Metal Church's "Battalions" and keep rearranging them to make an entire catalogue of songs. Except for the ballads of course, which are just completely horrible in their own right.

Hammerfall may be awesome live, but I can name about 5 million bands that deserve the spot that they hold much more than they do (*cough*Manticora and Battleroar *cough*).

This is coming from someone who loves Power Metal.

Mr.Toby said:

Dude, at least try to provide some solid reasons as to why you think someone is a wang for not liking Hammerfall. I'm not sure if you've heard any other power metal that's out there but in terms of musicianship there are so many other bands that own Hammerfall. Bottom line is that Hammerfall reads straight from the Helloween book of power metal mastery on almost every track and they don't even do it half as well as Helloween did it. I'm not even into power metal and I know that Hammerfall is on the lower rung of the PM hierarchy.

Erik said:
FACT: the members have a severe case of the gay, no matter what the music sounds like

Seeing this guitarist guy speak in gay Swedish on television about how he thinks dressing up in latex on stage is "exciting" (said in the most gay voice ever) and a number of other things is a memory I'd erase from my mind with bleach if I could :ill:
BAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH!!!

Okay, this band is undeniably gay. Of course, I don't find that a mark in their disfavor–until it bleeds over into their music. Which it does. In a huge way.

The Metal Inquisition officially adds Hammerfag to its list of "Bands which shit all over metal and should not exist."