HammerFall

rokk

Long Live =^.^=
Mar 5, 2005
Southeast Idaho
www.doseofmetal.com
I am really enjoying HammerFall as of late. They continually end up in my CD changer. I only have Chapter V and Legacy of Kings.... anyone who is really into HammerFall have any recomendations of which one of their CD's I should get next? Oh and any other bands that are similar in style?

:headbang:

Legacy of Kings is a masterpiece, and I've found everything HF's put out since to be kinda disappointing. Their first album Glory to the Brave is very good and you should check that out. Renegade, Crimson Thunder & V all have their moments, but don't live up to the first two albums.

There are a ton of 90's "european power metal" bands that fall in the same vein as Hammerfall. However, I'd personally tend stick with the classic bands like Running Wild and Helloween who were obvious influences to Hammerfall.

Angra are a fucking awesome band - Rebirth and Temple Of Shadows are kick ass records and Hunters And Prey is very good as well.

Primal Fear's latest album Seven Seals is well worth checking out as well

Hmm Angra is a much more technical band than Hammerfall, personally I wouldn't put them in the same category. I like both bands anyway!
But to my mind HF are closer to Accept, Helloween, Stormwitch and 80's German metal in general.

My favorite HF records are Glory to the Brave because of its naive and uncompromised songwriting and Crimson Thunder because of its diversity. I'm not too crazy about the latest one though, I found it weak...

rokk said:
I am really enjoying HammerFall as of late. They continually end up in my CD changer. I only have Chapter V and Legacy of Kings.... anyone who is really into HammerFall have any recomendations of which one of their CD's I should get next? Oh and any other bands that are similar in style?

:headbang:

I'm the resident Hammerfall :loco: fan, so I will say:

1. "Glory To The Brave"
  2. "Crimson Thunder"
  3. "Renegade"
And in the same vein or similar, I will recommend Cryonic Temple, Dream Evil, Majesty, Mesmerize, and maybe Crystal Ball.

Helloweens new one comes out tomorrow. Have you checked out Manowar??

Check out Edguy,Primal Fear, Firewind, the whole entire european power metal scene.