Hammers of Misfortune - The Bastard CD for sale

horggard

grr--hiss--snarl
Jun 17, 2001
Visit site
I just could *not* get into this album for the life of me; it's been spinning in my player for a few days now, but each successive listen just grates more and more on my senses, and more so, strengthens my resolve to find a more suitable home for it.

So, I'll sell it for what I paid for it--$13. It's signed by all 4 band members on the inside sleeve and the release itself is in a beautiful digipak.

All interested parties please contact:
horggard@hotmail.com

Please note: I just want to sell the CD, not answer questions as to why I don't like it (as I've clearly stated above, partially anyway).

Many thanks and keep a'rockin' sans Hammers!

I have the new CD "Chapters from a Vale Forlorn" up for sale at Half.com! One can just imagine what my reaction to the album is....

and, Jim: when are you going to give THE CHASM some coverage in LotFP; they are AMAZING!!

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

aayyy... patience. :)

wait, i thought that those little suckers wentout 6 days ago, no?

oh, and Jim, you should cover INSOMNIUM if you can too--they sounded fairly interesting; regarding whole FALCONER "CfaVF" thing: one really good song does not a really good album make. you *will* be disappointed...probably.

and, hey, did you interview THE CHASM, yet...?o_O

***now selling: my entire CRADLE OF FILTH catalogue; check out Half.com for some halfway decent deals***

Originally posted by jageorge72
Hmmm.......I've never shopped at half.com. I'm always looking for a good deal! .....I'll have to check it out.

yup, i've got about 460 CD's for sale on there--seller name, horggard, of course!

i've had it for the past 5 days or so, and am just listening to like crazy. i must've played it between 20 and 30 times. it simply blows the last 2 studio albums out of the water, period!

it's still a little too self-important for its own good...but it *so* bloody good!!! can't wait for Jim to play it on Wed.

Originally posted by horggard
bump!;)

Yeah yeah

28 business proposals to potential sales outlets worldwide went out yesterday.

The Issue 21/22 double issue went out today. Business stuff is explained in there as to delays and plans.

The Arcturus still hasn't shown up at my door. :(

Daniel Corchado contacted me and says he's sending the latest Chasm release. If it's good, they'll be interviewed.

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

Yeah yeah

28 business proposals to potential sales outlets worldwide went out yesterday.

The Issue 21/22 double issue went out today. Business stuff is explained in there as to delays and plans.

The Arcturus still hasn't shown up at my door. :(

Daniel Corchado contacted me and says he's sending the latest Chasm release. If it's good, they'll be interviewed.

Jim, this is great news!! So we all may see LotFP on the newstands after all?! Ah, progress. As for the last issue, well, I'm a tad miffed only because I love the bloody thing so much! As for the ARCTURUS, you know all you have to do is ask... Hey, did you review the new TAD MOROSE yet...? I have yet to hear it, but I'm definitely hearing positive things regarding it.

And as for Daniel/The Chasm, I explained to him that you're a fair soul who'd give the CD a decent spin one way or another (zine, seismic, whathaveyou). As they say, *any* press is good press. The guy's feelin' kinda glum because he's churning out decent product only to be categorically ignored by the industry. I feel his pain.

You'll be happy to discover that I just plunked down $15 for the 2CD tour version of "Terria" just because of you radio show. I think I'm hooked on that kooky Devin now, no thanks to you!:D

i truly think that it's ***that** good...and i'm not really a huge fan of Garm's voice; even on "La Masquerade Infernale" i think SImen blows Garm away. actually that isn't very fair--it isn't that Simen's performance is superior to Garm's, it's just that i prefer Simen's voice to Garm's, period.

Simen's just got that magical touch whenever he sings/screams...too bad he's not getting much play in Dimmu Borgir. anyhoo, i'm lowering the price of the Hammer CD to $11 including shipping, should anyone be interested.

but i really want to hear from the lucky souls, like myself, who received the album *way* before they should have: is "The Sham Mirrors" good enough to get into the Top 10 for the year thus far? needless to say, i believe so; granted not such a great feat considering we're only in March-almost-April, here, but i'm just really amped about the CD. my mind keeps going back to, in spite of my above rant, Garm's vocal melodies--and there're quite a few of them to get caught up in your day's thoughts.

just about the only track i don't care for is #6 (where listening to Ihsahn is like flossing with a razor blade).

Stop it, dammit! I....being the patient person I am.....will not get to hear this CD for a long time. (Bills first, then CD's) Here's my current CD "want" list. Add that new Arcturus to it. Also highly anticipating the next November's Doom.

Hollenthon - With Vilest of Worms to Dwell
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Novembre - Novembrine Waltz
Root The Book
Root Black Seal
Ancient Rites - Dim Carcosa
Absu - Tara
The Chasm - Procession to the Infraworld
Lost Horizon - Awakening the World
Khanate
Slayer Reign in Blood
Skyclad - All
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane

Please God......let me hit the lottery. (Or let my wife find a job!! heh heh)

i truly think that it's ***that** good...and i'm not really a huge fan of Garm's voice; even on "La Masquerade Infernale" i think SImen blows Garm away. actually that isn't very fair--it isn't that Simen's performance is superior to Garm's, it's just that i prefer Simen's voice to Garm's, period.

Of course Garm is so improved now vs then that it's a new ball game.

but i really want to hear from the lucky souls, like myself, who received the album *way* before they should have: is "The Sham Mirrors" good enough to get into the Top 10 for the year thus far?

Yes.

just about the only track i don't care for is #6 (where listening to Ihsahn is like flossing with a razor blade).

I like it. Gives the album diversity without going away from what Arcturus is...

if Andreas, in celebration of the new Arcturus album, is going to have some sort of Arcturus discography special--you know, "Buy all 3 studio Arcturus releases for $30" or something...? also, due to Hevy Devy being sponsored by LotFP we can expect at least a 2 hour interview with The Man himself?!?!

oh, and maybe you can finish that interview with Blind Guardian in Nov., eh?

i have two of these babies up on Half.com--one was just sold about 5 minutes ago, but i still have one more left. don't be afraid to mosey on over to Half.com.

i'd encourage you to buy the CD from me and not from the few other sellers hocking it because some of these characters are mighty suspicious. ;-) seriously though, i send out usually the day i get the order and always send First class for no extra charge!

so what're ye waiting fer, ye proggie basterds--go to Half.com now!

btw, my seller name is "horggard"!

i don't know why, but i only recently decided to check out RHAPSODY and i *really* like the new album--not on an ARCTURUS level, mind you.

well, what it comes down to is, i think i'd really like getting the actual albums instead of just mp3's, so if there's anyone out there bucking to oust their RHAPSODY catalogue from his/her collection please pass along an e-mail.

i'd much rather trade than buy--hell, if i was going to buy i'd probably just e-mail Andreas to see if he was going to get any of the titles in stock at Omega. i've got tons of CD's on Half.com. my seller name is, of course, horggard.

let the trading begin!
(haven't let that one fly in a long time!)

p.s.: i just heard the new Blind Guardian and i must say: although i hate Hansi's voice, i think the ANATO is very addictive....