Hampton Inn???

Mountain King

The lord is my pants
Nov 3, 2004
Downers Grove, IL
Does anybody know what the deal is with this hotel? We had a reservation there and then we called to get a bigger room and they told us they no longer operated that hotel as of August 31st....and the number I have for it is disconnected....

Mountain King said:
Does anybody know what the deal is with this hotel? We had a reservation there and then we called to get a bigger room and they told us they no longer operated that hotel as of August 31st....and the number I have for it is disconnected....

Yeah, they are expanding the road by the hotel and in the process, the hotel had to be shut down. I hear they *may* open it back up after the road constuction is complete.

I had a reservation there and those of us who had reservations there got letters in the mail saying that the hotel would close on August 31st. I had to make a last-minute effort to find a new hotel room - finding one at the Super 8 several blocks to the north.

I later got a phone call stating the same thing (the left a message on my answering machine).

It sucks that they even allowed us to make reservations there, considering that I'm sure that they knew this was coming. Road construction just doesn't happen overnight (unless its an emergency, and even then it just doesn't happen that fast!)

Did you have a reservation there? I'm surprised they didn't contact you by either snail mail or phone.

"Diamond Dave"
http://www.dmine.com

Diamond45 said:
Yeah, they are expanding the road by the hotel and in the process, the hotel had to be shut down. I hear they *may* open it back up after the road constuction is complete.

I had a reservation there and those of us who had reservations there got letters in the mail saying that the hotel would close on August 31st. I had to make a last-minute effort to find a new hotel room - finding one at the Super 8 several blocks to the north.

I later got a phone call stating the same thing (the left a message on my answering machine).

It sucks that they even allowed us to make reservations there, considering that I'm sure that they knew this was coming. Road construction just doesn't happen overnight (unless its an emergency, and even then it just doesn't happen that fast!)

Did you have a reservation there? I'm surprised they didn't contact you by either snail mail or phone.

"Diamond Dave"
http://www.dmine.com

Yeah, we had a small room and upgraded to a suite and found out that way when they booked the suite for the wrong hotel then informed us that hotel closed...which was today...so obviously now we're scrambling which is not what I want since we arrive on Wednesday...so I ugess we'll see, hopefully something works in our favor as it has thus far until the hotel incident.

if someone gets stuck, i know one person who has a room they are about to give up and another that needs a roommate for a couple of days due to afriend bailing out (the granada). email me direclty,and i will forward your emails to them. ebigalke@earthlink.net

ebigalke said:
if someone gets stuck, i know one person who has a room they are about to give up and another that needs a roommate for a couple of days due to afriend bailing out (the granada). email me direclty,and i will forward your emails to them. ebigalke at earthlink dot net

Nice of you to post that, but it's not recommended that you post your e-mail address like that in forums. It could get listed by a spam bot browsing the posts.