Happy 39, Metal Brother...

Travis

Bassist
Jan 2, 2006
Near Albany, NY
www.myspace.com
39 years ago a hero was born. One that was more in control of his mind, more at peace with himself, and more in touch with his soul than any of us. A pioneer, some would call him. He never claimed to be credited with anything, but he didn't realize his influence on so many of us. He didn't realize what he would leave behind...

On December 13, 2001, we lost this hero.

Call him what you will, a pioneer, a master, a father, there is a void that will never be filled now. We shall forever miss this hero as we live our lives. However, so much has been created by him, such good has been done. Though none have, or ever will replace him, it is as if a seed has been planted - driving many in positive directions, inspiring them to pursue their dreams.

Five years ago, Chuck Schuldiner died. He will never be gone.

Chuck-pic10.jpg

Rest in peace, Metal Brother...
-Travis

I was just thinking about him yesterday and then, what a coincidence- his birthday!

So naturally I threw on some "Sound of Perseverance." That album will always stand out to me for its positive message and progressive melody. Chuck's scream wasn't a ghoulish one- it was one full of emotion.

Here's to you, man. Wish I could've met you. :headbang: :)

every day i wonder how someone like chuck can leave us,we lost a great musical genius....thank you Chuck, for the undying music, for the inspiration and for everything you were! we miss you:cry: