Happy 4th of July ...

So Whole Foods Market is pretty much the greatest place ever founded. This is my 2nd trip to this fine grocery establishment. I walked away with...

Cooked Chicken Breasts
Fire Grilled Shrimp
Oatmeal
and a bottle of Piraat Ale.

They literally had over a 100 premium brews on stock. I went with Piraat due to the praise it received from the snobby beer thread.

Now for the tasting...

Hmmm this tastes like it packs a wallop. Hot diggity 10.5% alc per volume?!?!? O.K the first taste was subpar due to the amount of head that resulted from a fumbled pouring. On second tasting this is quite divine. I prefer darker brews such as black and tans, and quality stouts, but all in all I'll be celebrating Belgians Independence on this lovely day of jubilee. :cool:

happy fucking 4th.....just got home from work, just found out Rescue Me isnt on tonight because everyone will be watching the gay 4th show with nick lachey

nothing on tv tonight. shit, i might as well watch soccer. after all, i need the sleep :loco:

at least Trading Places is on.

Reign in Acai said:
So Whole Foods Market is pretty much the greatest place ever founded. This is my 2nd trip to this fine grocery establishment. I walked away with...

Cooked Chicken Breasts
Fire Grilled Shrimp
Oatmeal
and a bottle of Piraat Ale.

They literally had over a 100 premium brews on stock. I went with Piraat due to the praise it received from the snobby beer thread.

Now for the tasting...

Hmmm this tastes like it packs a wallop. Hot diggity 10.5% alc per volume?!?!? O.K the first taste was subpar due to the amount of head that resulted from a fumbled pouring. On second tasting this is quite divine. I prefer darker brews such as black and tans, and quality stouts, but all in all I'll be celebrating Belgians Independence on this lovely day of jubilee. :cool:

fuck you, i want a store like that anywhere in BC.

Whole Food carries alcohol where you live RiA?!?!? WTF!?!?!!

That's so weird to me...not to mention REAL BEER. Well, it is Whole Foods...but still...WTF?!?!!

How much was it? Everything at WF is astronomical.

Dude it was like $2.49 for Piraat. A bottle of Fraoch which I purchased at BevMo several months ago for $7.50, was priced at $4.50. Needless to say, I'll be doing all my brew purchasing here.

$2.49 ..WTF are you talking about? You mean per single?

If so, that would kinda make sense for a 4pk @ $9.99.

EDIT: but if you buy a single, its usually a bit more cuz thats how capitalism works. But..you can only buy singles?