Happy bday Gregg!

Cello

Promoted to Hannibal
Nov 14, 2007
Bovenkarspel, Netherlands
Gregg is turning 28 today! (Though he doesn't look a day over 27!) Happy bday! Make it a good one and as I always tell people: don't drink more than I would!

Save me some cake!

Since Gregg gave me a Happy 90th bday card two years ago, I am going to say Happy 90th birthday Gregg!! ( i know I said 87 on facebook but since I am almost 2 years older and i was 90 two years ago, that would now make me almost 92 and you 90 :). We sure look great for our age!

Haha, thanks all!

Yeah, I made it a habit to give people random cards for card-giving holidays. A lot of times it's a completely different age or a non-sequitur all together. This really helps break from the obvious, like getting your dad a card with a lighthouse on it that says "Wishing you Smooth Sailing on Your Birthday!" It's nice to see the recipient's reaction at something they don't expect.

Some highlights:
I got my dad a "For A Little Girl Who's Five" - he was really confused and thought he got the wrong card. But it was later displayed proudly among the lighthouse and boat-themed card mantle.

I also got him a card for something "From The Prime Minister of Israel" all written in Hebrew inside. No one knows what it said.

For Mother's Day one year I got my mom a "Congratulations on Becoming an American Citzen" card. The inside was apropos because it mentioned that hard work paid off, and moms are hard workers.

I won't recommend doing this for anyone...there are sadly some people in this world with no sense of humor!

That's too funny Gregg. Definitely have to know your audience to do something like that. My family is all about funny cards so it might work......maybe.

Anyway, hope you had a good day. I did crank A Great Divide yesterday during my almost 90 minute drive home from work. It had been a while since I spun Suspyre so it was good to hear The Singer once again at max volume. Love the riffs on that one.

Haha, thanks all!

Some highlights:
I got my dad a "For A Little Girl Who's Five" - he was really confused and thought he got the wrong card. But it was later displayed proudly among the lighthouse and boat-themed card mantle.

I also got him a card for something "From The Prime Minister of Israel" all written in Hebrew inside. No one knows what it said.

For Mother's Day one year I got my mom a "Congratulations on Becoming an American Citzen" card. The inside was apropos because it mentioned that hard work paid off, and moms are hard workers.

I won't recommend doing this for anyone...there are sadly some people in this world with no sense of humor!

Haha! Brilliant. I do that with certain friends and family that get it.