Happy Birthday Linda/Paladino's Update

CC007

Mar 5, 2012
Los Angeles,Ca
Good morning all,

This is the first chance I've had to write an update on everything. First off, I've gotta show love and a belated Happy Birthday to one of the most amazing drummers I've had the pleasure to see perform over and over in person. Linda McDonald, you rule...period. I love ya, I hope you had a wonderful birthday :).

O.k. onto Paladino's from last Saturday. Here's the interesting about this, over the last 2 years, I've been lucky enough to see The Maidens many times all over L.A. county. Last Saturday's show was honestly the first time I've ever seen the ladies, and there be technical problems. Courtney Cox is the true definition of "Never quit, Never give up...". She was dealing with a bad eye infection, but was not gonna let that stop her from trying to perform. Fellow Maiden Nita Strauss was in the audience having just got off the road with Alice Cooper(Go Nita!), and was there to support and help. It was hard to watch at times, but the audience hung there with the band and were supportive. There were moments when Court would hand her guitar to Nita but only to come back seconds later to try and finish a song...she never gave up no matter what was happening, and the band played on. Here's what was on the setlist... "*" next to what was played...

BQOBD*
2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT*
KILLERS*
REVELATIONS*
WASTED YEARS*
DEJA VU
GHOST OF THE NAVAGATOR
PURGATORY*(?)
FLASH OF THE BLADE
THE TROOPER*
STILL LIFE
NUMBER OF THE BEAST*
FEAR
RUN TO THE HILLS

It was def a rare night of sorts, get well soon Courtney, we love you. Please be sure to check the tour dates for upcoming shows here in America and abroad.
[/FONT]

I was there too and I was so impressed with how hard Courtney tried playing over an over despite being in obvious pain and discomfort. Most other guitar players in her condition would have either cancelled the show or tried to find a sub, but Courtney is a TROOPER!!! And being in the crowd, I rarely heard any complaints during the downtime while the band discussed what to do. This really does speak of how much respect their fans have for the Maidens!

Thank you both for your kind words. :saint: Yes, it was a challenging evening and we are SO grateful for all the support, patience, and good will demonstrated toward us as well as the concern for Court's well-being. This band is very fortunate to have such totally awesome fans! :worship:

Never a bad time at Paladino's for me. Cool bands, Baerenjaeger (Both types, sometimes) and taco bar. Sometimes a 40's swing band on Sunday as added bonus. The never surrender attitude of the band was inspirational as well. Thank you for not pulling an Axl Rose walk off.