Maidens at House Of Blues: May 3rd, 2012

CC007

Mar 5, 2012
Los Angeles,Ca
COURTNEY'S BIRTHDAY!!...AND THE RETURN OF NITA “Mega Murray” STRAUSS!!!

What can I say about last night's show?. This was my 3rd one, my friend and I got there about 11pm. The Maidens shared the H.O.B. bill with 3 other tribute bands including "Alice Cooper", and "Guns 'N Roses". The crowd was very large for this one, was happy to see so many had stayed to see The Maidens. Before they went on, there were LOUD chants of "Maiden!!, Maiden!!...". To me, the house mix sounded fine. Being in a venue like H.O.B. you get to hear everything in a good blend...but here's the punch line. Although it was sounding great in the house P.A. system, and some interesting moshing in the main floor. When I spoke with the ladies afterwards, apparently it was crazy onstage, no one could hear a thing. Kirsten's vocals were barely heard by the band, Nita had to kneel down near her monitors half the time to hear what was going on, and Wanda(god bless her) took it upon herself to crank up...so we REALLY heard her *lol*:headbang:. Linda didn't miss a beat; fantastic drumming. The only thing that happened to Courtney, was her guitar strap kept popping off early in the show :). She rocked it though, they all did.

Overall, it was a great show. Probably the best that I've heard them to date. Can't wait for The Brixton gig(May 25th in Redondo Beach, check the tour page). As I mentioned before, last night was Courtney's Birthday, so there was a lot celebrations onstage(Bud Light in da house!! *lol*), the crowd showed major love. Last but not least, Nita came back after being away for 2 shows...and rocked it, we missed you Nita!! :). I wish I had a set list to share with you guys on what was played. Can anyone post the set list?, all I could tell was again it was different than what was played at Paladino's in the valley. There are pics, will post as soon as I get them. Had a fantastic time, the musicianship again blew me away :). I love you ladies!!!.

Once again, it was great to see you and Mo at the show! And thanks, too, for your very kind words. It's funny, but I never remember the set lists after the shows--oh my, I must have killed too many brain cells in my youth! :lol:

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";10276845 said:
Once again, it was great to see you and Mo at the show! And thanks, too, for your very kind words. It's funny, but I never remember the set lists after the shows--oh my, I must have killed too many brain cells in my youth! :lol:

*LOL* No worries Kirsten, it's all good :). If anyone else can remember the set list(because it was different *smiles*), please post :). In the meantime, finally got some pics to share, it was a great night...:D

- Craig

36e7d6b4.jpg

b9987fc5.jpg

a08094d4.jpg

e210024a.jpg

fa3cb9b0.jpg

11a98b06.jpg

7e2f998d.jpg

e4d29e5b.jpg

©2012 A.O.I.World Inc.

It was a very different set than usual.. I don't remember all of them or the order but I know we opened with Aces and Die With Your Boots On.. then in the middle we did Back in the Village, Sun & Steel, Caught Somewhere In Time, Trooper, Duellists, Infinite Dreams and a few more.. then closed with Hallowed, Fear and Run To The Hills

It was a very different set than usual.. I don't remember all of them or the order but I know we opened with Aces and Die With Your Boots On.. then in the middle we did Back in the Village, Sun & Steel, Caught Somewhere In Time, Trooper, Duellists, Infinite Dreams and a few more.. then closed with Hallowed, Fear and Run To The Hills

There you go :). It was a great show; I had a blast...Bring on Brixton!! :).
- Craig

Yeah that was fun. Anything involving Disney is going to be bizarre. I got a flat tire on the way over right off Disneyland Dr. and couldn't get my jack to work. I felt totally emasculated. Had to call a tow truck and I missed the Cooper band.

SOMEWHERE IN TIME was Grade AAA Excellent! Superbly done. I don't think I've seen it played since Aja was in the band and this was 5 stars 10 all the way. Did you guys feel this was the highlight too?

The rest of the show had an interesting setlist including songs you'll never see Iron Maiden play, since, well, they are way too conservative with their setlists, but the girls will play it so have no fear!

The show was not your tightest and the sound was not the best mix, but it was damn good and well worth the long drive and flat tire. Something just seemed like the instruments weren't meshing together as well as it could have been. I think it was the mix. Like everyone was playing well, but when it all came as a band unit, there was this sloppiness in there. Wanda's bass seemed a bit loud and some guitar tones were a tad off, but I am being way too technical and nit picky. I guarantee you I am the minority that felt like this. Plus, I was stone cold sober. Not to mention over half the audience is deaf from Metal concerts in the 80s, drunk, lives in their mom's basement and just kind of Wayne's Worlding out.

Courtney was MVP last 2 Maiden shows I've seen. She's continuing to progress and improve. Her solos are shredding and she's adding some extra bits like some finger tapping, but it doesn't take away from the original solo. The girl is clearly an amazing musician and you better hold on to her real tight, because that butterfly may be spreading those wings one day and who knows where she'll be going. Well I can tell you where Courtney will be gong. FAR!

CC007 -- love the rock shots and beer truck (hey some bands have a tour bus, but how many get a BEER TRUCK?! :lol:). And, Acujer, that's why I always recommend the audience drink--LOL! But glad you were able to make it even with a flat tire.