House of Blues gig

neal00

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2005
As I was leaving, I heard a Japanese tourist say to his friends " SUGOI ! ". Roughly translated it means, AWESOME !. This being my first Maidens concert all I have to say is "MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!!.

The Iron Maidens kicked some serious hiney tonight. Aja has a great voice and an awesome stage presence and the rest of the ladies can really play equally as well in their own right. Just by watching "The Trooper" video and listening to the sound clips I knew at the very least that it would be a good show. I was so glad that I went and left thoroughly impressed. Congratulations Maidens, Fine job indeed !

Now if my ears would stop ringing I could probably go to sleep.

P.S. How do you use those little smile things?

They played last night, well I didn’t see it, but I would if they were in Seattle, which I didn’t see on the schedule. The crowds look decent, I haven’t been to a concert in many years, but it could be worth while. My co-worker went to Van Halen a few months ago and he's pretty high level IT mangement so you get all kinds that go, I guess.

Well, this was my first Maidens gig, although I've wanted to see them for a long time. Being a bassist who taught myself how to play in the 80s with the Master Steve Harris's riffs, I went with a very critical eye. Well I have to say that the band kicked some serious ass. Wanda plays certain things very differently than I do, which was interesting to watch, but I'm very picky. Where I'll tend to follow typical patterns around the 5th, and 7th frets, Wants favors the 2nd and open strings 99% of the time. Personally, I think that lends a little different sound to the signiture harris sound. You don't get the same "clank" to the gallops and what not.

That being said I was extremely envious of the band. They're awesome and made me wish I was in it playing the tunes I love so much. Well my voice is gone from screaming out the lyrics. I went in thinking I wouldn't like Aja's vocals, and I even had heard the MP3s on the site, but wow again, I was pleasently surprised. And some of their harmonies were WAY better than what the "boys" do live. Very polished stuff gals.

Now, if Wanda were to get deathly ill (we hope not) and you're in need of a bassist! (hint hint) I think I'd look kinda cute in drag! (um, I have a goatee, is that a problem!)

Cheers ladies, Up the Irons and I WILL be coming back to see ya again...

And for Wanda, as one bassist to another playing Maiden, my hat's off to you. And I bow down for the use of No "Effen" Picks! :worship:

Christopher

neal00 said:
As I was leaving, I heard a Japanese tourist say to his friends " SUGOI ! ". Roughly translated it means, AWESOME !. This being my first Maidens concert all I have to say is "MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!!.

The Iron Maidens kicked some serious hiney tonight. Aja has a great voice and an awesome stage presence and the rest of the ladies can really play equally as well in their own right. Just by watching "The Trooper" video and listening to the sound clips I knew at the very least that it would be a good show. I was so glad that I went and left thoroughly impressed. Congratulations Maidens, Fine job indeed !

Now if my ears would stop ringing I could probably go to sleep.

P.S. How do you use those little smile things?
I'm with ya 100% To use the smileys, you just click on the smiley at the cursor where you wat to insert it. good luck.c ya at the next show!!

Thanks I will, then I will go with Walt my new guitar buddy, then we can take notes and find out how borrow presentations or whatever is usefull, but it should be a fantastic show, sexy for sure, I'm sure. There was an Maiden tribute band here last month with Rush tribute band too, but I didn't make it; however, your concert will be better I'm sure.

\m/ THE OGZ OF THE FRONT ROW \m/​
TIMzHOB0105ogfrontrow.jpg

Air Raid Siren said:
When I said "Scream For Me, Hollywood!" everybody screamed so loudly my ears hurt!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Um... that may have been me, I blew out my voice that night! Added to that fact was that I had worked a booth at NAMM and was nearly shouting over all of the ambient noise there. Then I brought an international group of Maiden freaks to see you gals. We all had a blast!

Wish I checked this forum for the Nicko jam though... :cry:

Cheers and Up the Irons!

Great seeing and talking to 4/5ths of all of you. But, FINALLY, I got to see you play!! :headbang: TOTALLY GREAT!! I always knew all of you played very good but it was different to see you live playing. Wished I lived closer to CA. Besides being great players all of you are great people.

Got to see most of the show but the other guy I brought was whinning about getting back to the hotel. NAMM does wear you out, especially when the company you work for, oddly likes to be at the convention center by 8:30am.:err:

Anyhow, once again, amazing show and I want guitar lessons!

Stew