LIVE WIRE
IN THE BEGINNING/SHOUT AT THE DEVIL
LOOKS THAT KILL
RED HOT
TOO YOUNG TO FALL IN LOVE
KNOCK 'EM DEAD, KID
TEN SECONDS TO LOVE

any corrections/additions?
just listened to a "greg martin" cdr i picked up from the bar last night. it's pretty awful. or maybe i just don't like lo-fi goth metal :Smug:

quick review of the show:

the free flyers were a nice touch. i felt bad for the two kids sitting near the box office who were trying to sling two tix. they said, "it's $15 at the door." not if you have the flyer! :tickled: so the night began with allison road, a gin blossoms cover band. odd choice for a cover band, i know. i mean, i liked their five "hits" from the early 90s, but not enough not go see a cover band of them. but to each his own. they did surprisingly rock pretty hard, though.

quick note about bathroom etiquet: does the bathroom attendant expect a tip every time he gives you soap and paper towels, both which are readily available anyways? i mean, the first time i saw him, i gave him a dollar and used his cologne. but then i feel pressure everytime i go back in there. but i figure $1 is enough for a few spritzes of cologne, no? okay, back to the review...

children of the beast, motley crue tribute band was next up. the set started with a recording of "in the beginning." when the curtains came up as the band burst into "shout at the devil," and i was delighted to see that the entire band was decked-up in full-on crue gear straight out of 1983! that put a smile on my face. on their flyer and website (www.childrenofthebeast.net), they recreate the SHOUT AT THE DEVIL album cover, including sixx making the erroneous devil's horns/i love you hand gesture that confused me as a youth :erk: i believe they only performed songs from their first two (and best) albums, before they got all glam and turned into aerosmith for a couple of years. i can see this band headlining in the near future (they're playing in my home town of simi this saturday night), whipping out the hit singles from later releases. i chatted with neil & mars after the show, and they both seemed like cool guys. the only trouble with their performance was that the vocals kept cutting in and out, which was pretty distracting. they said they didn't have a sound check. and neil may want to practice his moves onstage a little more. i remember (the real) nikki sixx saying that vince doesn't have the greatest voice, but when he shook his hips the girls went crazy. just a suggestion. the band was tight, though. and i look forward to seeing them again this weekend. the arena in simi is off of first street (west side of simi), for those interested.

by the time the maidens came on, i was amped up on vodka & red bull ($7.75). by the way, does anyone else have trouble getting to bed/sleeping after drinking a couple of red bulls? i must've gotten less than 4 hours of sleep last night! :yell: all in the name of metal! :headbang: anyways, for those of you who've seen the maidens, you already know that they rock. hard. every show. this show was no exception. being short, i am able to creep up pretty close to the stage, so i can actually see the band members performing. :oops: aja's voice seems to keep getting stronger. and she hits those high notes better than bruce can. sacrelige, i know. :tickled: and the rest of the band are just relentless. no ballads for this band! i was pleased to hear that it was a rather di'anno heavy night. and, other than "fear of the dark" and "wasted years," they played nothing but songs from 1980-84. if you want to hear new maiden songs, go check out the REAL band. that's what i say. :Spin:

jojo, if you happen to be reading this, take care. security kicked me out while i was still talking to you. maybe i should have told him i was part of the crew :D

if you STILL haven't seen the maidens perform, you're missing out. i believe they play paladino's in march. not listed on the website yet. the flyers always seem to be ahead of the site.

Thanks for the great review of the night, raveballs! Both opening bands were such nice people- Allison Road rocked (I got to hear them a bit on my way to dinner). I didn't get to hear Children of the Beast because I was getting ready for the show :( but got to see them on the closed circuit tv at least :) Loved their presentation! The costumes and backdrops were excellent!

Thanks for the nice nice compliments on my singing, I truly appreciate the sentiment :) but you're right - it is sacrilege!!! :lol:
Bruce is the MAN!! I'm just swimming in his wake! :worship:

AH CRAP!!! I missed Phantom of the Opera!?!:ill: I will have to now kill my co-worker for making me leave early.:yell: We left right after 'Remember Tomorrow'.

:loco:
Stew

so what celebrities were spotted in the crowd that night? i didn't see any :p

and did everyone find the easter eggs on disc two of MAIDEN: THE EARLY DAYS DVD? short little anecdotes from different people. god did they really have some spinal tap moments!

i was pleasantly surprised to see how good di'anno sounded in concert. he really had a set of pipes! lots of raw power and energy. i love those punk/metal years circa 1978-82 :)

raveballs said:
so what celebrities were spotted in the crowd that night? i didn't see any :p
Well Dan Ackroyd (who said he was a big Iron Maidens fan) John Goodman who was with him, Brad Zutaut star of the movie "HardBodies" & "Girlfriend from Hell"
the bass player from "Alter Bridge" formerly "Creed" who invited us to see them play the next night at the PRS guitar party at the Grove. The bass player from Metal Church, ...there may have been others, but those were the ones I saw and spoke to.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Well Dan Ackroyd (who said he was a big Iron Maidens fan) John Goodman who was with him, Brad Zutaut star of the movie "HardBodies" & "Girlfriend from Hell"
the bass player from "Alter Bridge" formerly "Creed" who invited us to see them play the next night at the PRS guitar party at the Grove. The bass player from Metal Church, ...there may have been others, but those were the ones I saw and spoke to.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
The singer from Alter Bridge is a Spokane boy. He was also the one who "took over" for Wahlberg in the movie Rock Star at the end.

Doodoobubbachuck said:

wow, how could i miss john goodman? he must've been VIP upstairs ;) you ladies are getting quite a celebrity following! brad zutaut, wow. you were only two degrees away from vixen that night! ;)