happy to talk with strangers?

radiohead

New Metal Member
Aug 24, 2010
do you feel free to talk with strangers?i think i prefer to stay alone.that's why i hate myself so much.

It depends on the level of rapport/comfort for me. There are some people that just launch into me like I've known them for 20+ years, not good, but I treat them like they treat me and they leave me alone.

Relationships are built on basis of commonality, not "I care because you do" and such. I might make a comment to a stranger but it's very short and to the point. "Nice car" in a low tone, not getting all happy and stuff. Just humor people that act unbelievingly happy, don't ignore them, they are trying or are going through a tough period in their life.

Now, if someone comes to me and says "chicken with medley birdbath" then it's time to answer the cell phone in a fake manner...

I guess it's still because I'm young, but if I find something interesting about a stranger or a stranger starts talking to me, I'll smile back and try to reply in a polite way, but one of my friends told me that I seem too nice when talking to people I don't even know, but I mean I'm just being myself. I don't think there's anything wrong with me, and my life is relatively calm considering I'm in high school, but yeah.

NOTE: I will almost NEVER talk to people in my own grade that I don't know, I'll talk to underclassmen and upperclassmen, but I just get really intimidated by the people in my own classes until they come and talk to me, but when I start to talk around then I get really...erm...let's say "outgoing" and people sort of start to come to me just cuz I have that type of personality I guess.

One year ago I really hated having to talk with strangers. Then I changed and I couldn't live without talking to someone, even if I didn't know it.
And now... well, now there are days when I'd love it, and some others when I prefer to be alone...

I can't understand those people who are always talking to strangers =S

i hardly ever try to talk to strangers; most of the time i do prefer to be left alone. kind of a nice feeling most of the time, but there are other times where it feels boring (maybe that's why i ain't got a girlfriend, or any kind of social life, hehehe).

i hardly ever try to talk to strangers; most of the time i do prefer to be left alone. kind of a nice feeling most of the time, but there are other times where it feels boring (maybe that's why i ain't got a girlfriend, or any kind of social life, hehehe).

The key is not to force yourself.
But! Some people could be really interesting.

Sometimes you just have to talk to people that you don't know, that's the way to make friends... but I'm not too social a person, so usually I prefer keeping my mouth shut.

sometimes it is good to talk with strangers.. they dont even know you.. even if you tell them all of your secrets it wont hurt them or you :) try it out

Reactions: AllShallFall