Hard rock (Marshall Dsl, real bass, drums, AWESOME song)

Hard rock?lol Sounds like "core" something. The mix is very good, the guitars sound awesome but a bit weird for this style because it has too much screaming vocals.

Both are really good.The second one is little less harsh.Less high end on whole mix probably? Only vocals have to much 's' on both mix.

Just my personal preference, but I think the vocals could be blended more. They kinda sound detached to me. I like the mix overall, cool guitar tone!

Really cool bass/guitars relationship.
the screams are a bit harsh in the highs, and the snare reverb is a bit obvious..apart from that I don't hear anything I'd change.
Maybe fiddling around with the overheads a bit, to smooth them out...they are pretty far away from the guitars now imo
great work man!

cheers dude!

spent a bit more time on these, and also backed off on the mastering comp and mastering and its helped a ton. Also COMPLETELY changed the bass tone and I think it works much better now too. I'll try and get a newer clip up soon but seriously busy.

anyone else?

cheers dude. haha id call that kind of stuff classic rock, but im fucking terrible with genres!

updated the mix, the bass should be much nicer tone wise and things should sit better generally. i want to brighten up the snare a little bit now though....

link is in the first post.

Sounds a bit like Karnivool meets 100 reasons.
I think the drums need more of the room mic and more low end from the overheads. The snare sounds very "metal" rather than part of the kit.
Just my opinion but a liver drum sound could really lift the rawness of the production. Your mix sounds great but I think it's a bit too polished.
Listen to this to see what I mean.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7DrxE1SLns&feature=related[/ame]