Hardcore old and new.

KMADD

The Ancient Metalhead
Dec 30, 2004
Indianapolis In USA
www.facebook.com
Okay since i have to write a novel to start threads. What are your thoughts on hardcore old and new? Bands like Civ, Gorilla Biscuits, Rival Schools, Quicksand, Ice Nine.

And some newer bands like The Banner, Axis & Allies, Harms Way newer music that makes me want to mosh. Discuss.

In my opinion, Bad Brains' s/t album will always be/has always been the greatest hardcore album ever. Songs like Banned in D.C., Big Takeover, The Regulator, Right Brigade, etc. are pure punk gold.

I'm a bit indifferent towards the youth crew hardcore. I used to listen to a lot of it (Slapshot, Youth of Today, Judge, Warzone, 7 Seconds, etc.) though I'm not really into it much anymore. Of course, I used to listen to anything and everything that was in Thrasher magazine when I was a kid.

Thrash-core(SOB, Dropdead, Siege, Sore Throat, Larm, The Pist, Deep Wound, etc.), on the other hand, tears up my speakers on a fairly regular basis. Same goes for crust, d-beat and powerviolence. That's about the extent of most of my modern hardcore rotation.

There is this really good grind punk band with female vocals called denogginizer unf. they dont believe in myspace so i cant link you to their songs. Drop Dead and Disrupt were some fine bands. I been going to this place in indy called the 1511 its a house thats host a lot of younger bands. Some of the youth crew stuff like Picked Clean and Critical Response Team are really good.

I like old HC too. But the folks in the indyhc community are turning me on to bands like Verse, Harms Way, He Who Corrupts lots of good angry non metal music out there. My only complaints a lot of these bands just put there material on vinyl or cassette only. Theres a strange thing about bands not wanting to put their music out on cd.

I've always been a fan of old hardcore. Bands like Bad Brains, The Misfits, MDC, Minor Threat, Poinson Idea (mainly Pick your king EP), SS Decontrol, Negative FX, etc.

I've never been a big fan of the youth crew thing...altough I did enjoy the band Judge.

Besides that I've not really cared for any new hardcore. I remember liking GFK after seeing them live (some band from around where I'm from who released a couple of cds and their latest was on G7 welcoming comittee). I haven't really cared for any other new hardcore bands besides that.

old hc and new hc are both good. One of my favorites is Die Kreuzen, as far as old school goes, and if you don't mind newer stuff, Coalesce is great. I heard their new record kicks copious amounts of ass.

I like old HC too. But the folks in the indyhc community are turning me on to bands like Verse, Harms Way, He Who Corrupts lots of good angry non metal music out there. My only complaints a lot of these bands just put there material on vinyl or cassette only. Theres a strange thing about bands not wanting to put their music out on cd.

its a hardcore punk ideals thing. since I am a punker, I would know.

and as far as I know, Hewhocorrupts are pretty metal if you ask me.

any of your fuckers familiar with Cattlepress? they have a definite Jesus Lizard meets Helmet vibe.
Yup! I'm one of those fuckers! Cattlepress kicks ass - that's actually a very good description - the vocals sound kind of like one of the dudes in Dystopia. The only one I have of theirs is their Agoraphobic Nosebleed split and it's ace. I've been meaning to check out more of their stuff but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Cursed is ok, Coalesce is better. also check out Botch.
I've been spinning Ox quite a bit lately and Botch has one of the greatest slow songs I've ever heard in 'Afghamistam'. That song is so rad it's beyond description. Of course, We Are the Romans is one of the best hardcore albums of the past decade. Though, personally, I like Cursed better than Coalesce. To each, his own...

Another good punk band is Coliseum - their s/t album rules. Though, honestly, it doesn't surprise me as they're from Louisville - one of the greatest underground hardcore hotbeds ever!

Minor Threat rule, Gorilla Bisquits, All Out War, Strife, One King Down, Shai Hulud, Earth Crisis, Old Diecast, Old Poison the Well, Boy Sets fire, Downset, Good Clean Fun, Sick of It all, Madball...Just naming some old school and newer HC me and my friend used to listen to in Highschool.

Hardcore doesn't exist today...It's all Metalcore, Deathcore. The closest thing is Misery Signals, who are fucking SICK.

Almost forgot Snapcase! Lookinglasself is one of my favorite albums

Hardcore doesn't exist today...It's all Metalcore, Deathcore.
It exists young one.. you are just not looking carefully enough..

Anyways the bands I liked back in the day were Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Warzone, Sick of it All, 25 ta Life, Madball, Agnostic Front, Murphy's Law, Fear, Six and Violence, etc.. etc..