Hardcore with real drums

topsoul182

Dec 18, 2009
A band came in and the drummer actually had a nice set. I kept the snare and kick all natural and Im really happy with the way the drums came out. I abused vcc. Some channels have the drive and input all way up and some channels have 2 instances of different pres. The guitars are tse808 > 5150 > 1960a and the bass is 5150 > swr 4x10 > 57 + d6. Vox are sm7b

What do you guys think of the drums? This is my first time not even blending samples in with the drums

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1950013/Straight Up.mp3

Sounds pretty awesome to me!

Drums are nice, however i think the kick is lacking low-end and sounds really 'tubby' to my ears. I think it's the kick's tuning though (the pitch sounds a little too high) so if it was up to me i would blend in a little sample there. The snare sounds a little overpowering to me and the toms are a little too low in volume methinks. And sometimes there is a little subkick thing going on, it's not a subdrop but sometimes there's a sub kicking in. It's really short but it sounded weird to me (happens 3x i thought)
Guitartone is awesome! Maybe it's preference but i think the high's are pretty harsh there

Thanks!

I think i have the snare so high because i was excited that there were no samples, so i had the drums up high. The subkick thing is supposed to be a sub drop, i made it according to the guitar tuning, now i think about it i really dont like that at all. The highs in the guitar tone are probably harsh cuz i used a celestion 75, im trying to get my hands on some v30's lol