No samples, no edits!!!

Interface digi 003
Adat Apogee AD (also clocked to adat)

Pres:
API for snare bottom(sm57), toms (e604)
Pacifica for OH´s (KM84)
TG2 for kick (d6) and snare top (i5)
Germania for stereo-room (2x414)
Neve for bassdrum (e602) and hats (opus 53)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1425397/beauty of real drums.mp3

the i5 and the d6 on the TG2 were compressed on the way in with the distressor

mixed itb with waves plugins (mostly SCC and Rverb)

oh sounds great !
the kick sound realy good aswell :D

the only thing I didnt liked is the snare , sound empty and has zero attack
with only snare replacment / eq it will sound awesome

Oh it really sounds like the drummer didn´t beat hard enough on it. That´s elementary important to do...(except for Jazz o.s). It seems it was supposed to be Metal. So let´s beat the fuck out of this kit :) I like the part around 1:18, the tomsound is pretty cool.

guitars are reamped....you realy dont hear the playing mistakes when the guitars playing with.

Eh?? You most definitely will still hear them - the snare is the loudest thing in a metal mix.

At best, you'll still feel them, which is the worst part - it will feel laggy/sped-up/off-kilter.

It's pretty tight as is but definitely could use some looking at in a few spots.

hardcore is okay if its a bit off time, makes it feel a bit more live, i guessm not TOO off time, this is gonna sound sick

its going to be a pop-punk song.

It is an collage project, to compare real drums against programmed drums, real guitars compared to amp sims.

This is the reason why I dont quantize the drums, and dont use any triggers.
Drummer hits the snare very loud (he only hits the snare softer in the punk-parts but I programed the drums that way)

This will kick some major ass when its finished.

Sounds fine to me mate, in terms of timing. Yes, it isn't super-tight like every fucking Periphery Meshuggah wannabe around here... but it has balls, has groove, and rocks.

I'm not so into the snare sound, but that's just personal taste.

lets hear that in a mix!
it might sound good as it is, but i think snare will not have enough punch in a mix. maybe try a transient designer, snare sounds rather weak and inconsistent (velocity-wise).

but so far, cool !

I think the guitars could use a little more treble, but other than that it sounds great man.

Still sticking by my original opinion - this would sound better with some quantization on the drums, since he lags on a few parts and rushes others. Bass being pocketed to the drums would also really thicken/tighten things up.

Guitars sound kinda fizzy and high endy, not very 'in your face', either? Some out of tune parts, as well.

If this would be a real release I would edit the drums super tight and would blend in a trigger on the kick and the snare.

But this is for a collage project, to show people the difference in programmed drums and amp-sims and real drums and real amps.

Everything was done on one day
-studio technic
-drum-tuning
-micing
-recording
-reamping

but Jeff you are right with what you say, no questions about that IMO