Harder Beat-Extremities Writer Review-Disregards Vehemence's Music

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
Vehemence - God Was Created, Metal Blade
Mind-numbingly ordinary. I’m not sure what Metal Blade is thinking here. This band could very well make my worst of 2002 list. What Exec at the label heard this and thought to himself, “Now this is a great band.” I’m at a loss. I want the time I spent listening to this back. NO STARS (Matt Amyx)

http://harderbeat.com/archive/august2002/html/Extremities.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My complaint:
Somnus - Through Creation’s End, Root Of All Evil Records
and Tzefa - Feed Me, Self-Produced happened to get their music reviewed even thought Somnus got three stars and Tzefa got no stars. This guy basically bashed Brian Slagel and Metal Blade all in one review, not saying anything about our music. This is a fine example of an amateur writer in the scene that he claims to respect it. Express your views on this.

Here is Matt Amyx's email as well: extremities@harderbeat.com

Power house drivel. Man he can pump out a lot of words, and say so little. And his ratings are odd, I saw a six star release. So, is this on a scale of ten, or was that a typo? Damn, I've said is a hundred times, there's a lot of shitty writing out there--that's the proof. That was not a review--that was him shitting on the toilet and thinking out loud. Unprofessional. Period.

It's always fun to read retards reviews of a CD where they mention nothing whatsoever about the music. Usually it's about a band being "gay" or "false" or some other image-related bullshit, but I don't think I've ever seen a "professional" (for lack of a better word) from a mag or a web-zine bash a CD with no mention of the band whatsoever. "Mind-numbingly ordinary"... A review of a CD in three fuckin words... And he manages to stretch that into an entire paragraph. $5 says he never even listened to it. He just hates Metal Blade and needed to add another review for the sake of quantity on his site, or however he distributes his whining ramblings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
---This was (Matt Amyx's) reply AFTER Jo from Earache Australia's reply EARLIER about his review. Then Jo replied again. After his repsonse.

My opinion is what I am paid for and my opinion was negative. That is the point. That's what I do as a writer. I am in contact with a member of Vehemence at present and he has presented himself with extreme class and has shown style which I have to say has been missing from a lot of Vehemence E-Mails that I have
read over the past few months.

I am more than willing to accept that people don't like what I write. That's a part of the job. But when people take it personally, that's just wrong. There are far more important things in this world than to sit at a computer and bitch about a review of an album. What else could you have done with your time I wonder?

Why don't you write a letter to a member of congress about the kids on your street being beat up by their own parents. Or maybe write about how you might have some solution to any problem at all..... The fact that you took time out of your day to write to me to bitch about an album review tells me that your opinion of any kind of real problem in the world in small in contrast to the real trouble we face in the real world. My review is just that...a review.

If you like the album, chances are you had no business reading my review in the first place because you were going to buy the album anyway. So what's your beef? Why did you take time out of my day to tell me that I'm so bad. If you want my opinion, bad form on your part for not having the knowledge enough to know where priories need to be.

-A Writer on behalf of all Writers
-----------------------------------------------------------

How adult of you-subject.

Jo G <teridaktal@hotmail.com> wrote:
I am suprised you replied to me Matt. Your review provides the reader with nothing. No history of the band, no information or anything. Just your personal opinion? You are there to do a job, to review music. Poor form Matt.
---------------------------------------------------------
Matt: Brilliant reply Vehemence fan.
---------------------------------------------------------
Jo G <teridaktal@hotmail.com> wrote:
Why even bother? If it is a grind for you to review new releases maybe it's time you stopped. A Vehemence fan