Has anyone ever pre-ordered something from Amazon?

the rhythm

Apr 27, 2006
Does anyone know if they ship before the actual release date? I was thinking of pre-ordering some stuff that comes out on 5/3. I am going on a camping trip on 5/6. I'm trying to figure out if I can get those items before I go camping. Any help would be appreciated.

I have pre-ordered one CD from them, and actually got it on the actual release date. That is the only time i have pre-ordered anything

I do it all the time. It honestly depends on what it is, in terms of how quickly you get it. It also depends on how many items you pre-order. I know where I live there are times where I do get it on the same day as I believe there is a warehouse 20 minutes away from me. What is great about their pre-orders is that if you order it weeks in advance and the price drops and rises, etc. they will give you the lowest price it was for that time period. Though sometimes, it's absurd as this week I pre-ordered the new Symphonia amongst others and I got a penny back. No joke.

yeah, like Simon I will get like 8 cents refunded and stuff. Once in a while with movies that I pre-order they will ship it out that friday to get it here on the stret date but sometimes it even shows up early. worth it.

yeah, like Simon I will get like 8 cents refunded and stuff. Once in a while with movies that I pre-order they will ship it out that friday to get it here on the stret date but sometimes it even shows up early. worth it.

For clarification, I also have gotten it so items become a couple bucks less as well.

If you can do their 2 day shipping it should guarantee it arrives before. If you happen to be a student or have an .edu, you can get free Prime (which has free 2 day shipping). The standard free shipping option is hit or miss when they ship it and when you get it. The more popular an item is, the likelier it will take longer to reach you. They also usually over estimate their ship/arrive date. When you order, especially with the free shipping, they usually say it'll be about a week. I usually get stuff faster than that but there's been the odd occasion it has taken that long.